Lumin firmware 16 and PLEX now! (on air next week)

Plex Support for LUMIN!
Firmware v16 will include support for Plex, making it the ONLY high-end audio system that can discover and connect seamlessly to Plex.
Supported models are: X1 / P1 / T3 / T2 / U1 / U2 / U1 Mini / U2 Mini
Plex is a popular media management service that combines a user’s own video, audio, and photos with online streaming services. Controlling apps are available for mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming boxes, web browsers and more.

Great!! Thanks Lumin!

7 Likes

Yeah been playing with it a few days. Seems to work well enough but I’m no plex expert

As usual nothing else seems to be broken which is always a blessing … well done Lumïn

Oh and D1 and D2 have it coming too…I have both.

Well done Lumin. We need to see more competition to Roon on Hifi without needing a pi or expensive server with bespoke software. Maybe a matter of time before others add it. Can you use PlexAmp app to play to it then and not by AirPlay or is it just adding it as a server to pull into Lumin app?

Wow. What a cool surprise! :+1:

I’m not sure whether Roon Labs see Plex as a competitor or not, so I’m not sure whether discussing Lumin support of Plex / Plexamp is appropriate here in Roon forum.

I’d respectfully ask users who have questions about Lumin support of Plex / Plexamp post in Audioshark forum:

Or audiophilestyle.com forum:

3 Likes

They probably do, but they’re not oblivious to the world around them – there’s an Audirvana subforum in the Audio Gear Talk forum. I guess it’s fine to discuss, but support would be better off elsewhere indeed. Thanks Peter!

3 Likes