Lumin remote control

3 Likes

Love it Peter, hopefully mine will arrive in my region (S. America) sooner. I know this Austrian beauty is not meant to sell in masses, or give you gents at Lumin a lot of $ utilities. But I think it is nonetheless a very good idea, and a perfect addition to my digital system. Cheers

1 Like

Nice. Congratulations!

To be honest: I would have loved to have the option for a smaller, simplified remote (for Roon use only), with just these controls:

Anyhow, luxury problem, I know, one question: Do the “Previous track” and “Next track” buttons also work with Roon? Or only with Lumin playlists?

Yes, it works with Roon.

2 Likes

Very excited–my dealer ordered mine yesterday. About a 3-week wait in the USA (according to his estimate).

1 Like

For the people interested I managed to have a Logitech Harmony remote control Roon and then control the Lumin. Many features can be available and tailored like for example using numbers in the remote to automatically play selected playlists, radios or even particular albums. Maybe this is something planned for the numbers in the Lumin remote but just wanted to share that this already exists, you just need to do some configs

Previous / next tracks can be configured to command Roon/Lumin
Fast forward / rewind can be configured too
I think you can also configure shuffle / repeat but I don’t use it so I don’t know for sure
This is helpful if the volume control is on your amplifier and helpful also with a Lumin if you set the volume control of the Lumin as device volume in Roon

See this

And with the Logitech Harmony remote you can in the same time command your amplifier, preamplifier and almost every device in your room (or even not in your room : with Logitech Harmony, commanding Roon is done over the wifi so need to use a USB receiver which is better for some configurations)

I have been using this with Lumin and Roon since more than one year FYI
And if one day you decide to leave Lumin for a Roon Ready competitor of which streamers work flawlessly with a non Linux DAC (please see below), the Harmony Remote will still work so it is an investment

And yeah also maybe one day you decide to leave streamers and just connect your PC to your DAC to avoid all this Linux/Windows/Mac mismatches. Just know that Logitech Harmony can control your PC as well using Bluetooth this time. So it would be even possible to configure buttons to enjoy surfing on Roon (you can set a button to go on playing now page, set a button to go to queue, a button to toggle playing now display between album art, artist view and lyrics - any keyboard shortcut is configurable in the hardware remote control). All this info just to let you know that Logitech Harmony is a very capable device with half price of the Lumin I think

1 Like

While the Harmony setup will work, I’m guessing I’ll be up and running a lot faster with the Lumin remote. :slight_smile:

I’ve also ordered the remote last week.
The price is (sorry) really high, but for users, which are not using a Harmony (I’ve two systems with a Harmony and there I’m using also the deep harmony extension, but on my main listening system, I’ve a Philips Pronto Pro) the Lumin Remote Control seems to be a fine feature.

1 Like

I can’t find a price on line. What is the price?

MSRP USD250 in the US.

2 Likes

Thanks.

So i decided to get the T2 and it should be in my hands by Friday. This is in addition to the D2 I already have. I’m curious to try the Leads volume to see if I can get rid of a preamp. If that goes well then I will look at the controller.

2 Likes

Hi Peter,
Waiting for my Austrian beauty to arrive. Question -the U1 Mini has 2 USB slots, 1 of which will now be assigned to the remote hub. Can I still use the other USB and keep the thumb drive w/files I currently have in there? For output I am consequently changing to an AES/EBU cable.

Yes. If you need remote, thumb drive and usb output, you may use a USB hub. AES sounds better with some DAC anyway.

1 Like

Or 299€ in Europe…

Hi Peter, if I do connect T2 directly to power amp, which app would I use to control the volume?
Roon or Lumin ?

Same volume control for both apps, and Spotify app too.

1 Like

Hi,
Got mine today and it’s a beauty - really solid, sleek and well made :+1:t2:
There are no instructions so with the Mini the C1 button controls the display but what does the C2 do?
Are there any plans to utilise the numbers - perhaps as playlist numbers?

2 Likes

Reserved for future use

1 Like

Got my remote today and it’s really amazing.
Much faster than the harmony extension and also the remote itself looks very nice, but I’m using for control my Philips Pronto Pro.

2 Likes

For those of you looking for a simpler remote with only the most used functions, there is something available here:

I have been using it for a few days now and am really impressed!

Still waiting for my Lumin remote, though, because at least I sometimes need more funtions …
But the Surface Dial is great for what it does!