Lumin Roon Only Mode / Esoteric TEAC RAAT Mode

Lumin Firmware 15.2 adds these FLAC radio streams via Lumin app, not currently supported in Roon due to a Roon codec limitation:

BDPST Rock Radio Hungary
Danubius Rádió Hungary
Juventus Rádió Hungary
Free Music Radio Netherlands
Intense Radio
Radio Audiomastering Italy
Radio Calico
Riverside Radio Netherlands

This is not applicable to non-Lumin branded hardware.

3 Likes

Anyone using U2 Mini or T3 in Roon Only mode - Please let me know. @Fat_Ted1 @PixelPopper ?

I haven’t tried roon only mode yet, I’m intending to get very accustomed to the SQ in “normal” mode before I start trying other settings. At least that’s the plan at the moment, why do you ask?

I am using U2mini in Roon only mode
Mac mini core - Lumi U2 mini - Chord Qutest - StereoCoffee LDR Passive Preamp Volume Control - Audio Note Kit Interstage MonoBlock Parallel 300B Quad C-Core Amps - Klipsch Forte 3 Speakers

U2 mini in Roon only mode:
Sonictransporter i5 → Ethernet → Lumin U2 mini USB output → Holo Audio May DAC → etc.

Is this for D2? Mine remains at 15.1 with auto update engaged.

Yes using ROONONLY mode with U2 mini. How can I help?

It will receive the firmware update in a few days, if the unit is not in Roon Only mode.

1 Like

Thanks Pete. Always solid info from you!

Firmware 15.2 for all 13 Lumin network player / transport models launched in the past 10 years have been released. This is the 10th year anniversary firmware update for our original model A1 launched in December 2012.

https://www.luminmusic.com/firmware-notes.html

7 Likes

That is a true effort and a testament to the developers skills!
Great service! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Installed in my D2. Peter, were any SQ improvements included in this for the D2? I think I may be detecting a subtle difference (improvement) in smoothness and openness over 15.0/15.1, both of which sounded the same to me. Could just be this really strong cup of coffee though.

Uuuh he is called Peter that aside I notice no sound improvement on my Gato
Dia. I only wonder what front panel volume mode does and how this works :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s a display option. It’s swaps the time ring on the front panel for a volume ring.

1 Like

Please make sure you have disabled unneeded services, especially Spotify Connect, and Lumin Streaming AirPlay, if the D2 is not running in Roon Only mode.

2 Likes

@wklie Seems to be an issue with 15.2 on my D2 showing always 100% volume despite Roon control indicating 68. Roon mode is set. Haven’t checked the D1’s yet

The D2 drives my active speaker directly so 100% would rather loud. Volume varies from Roon no problems jut reads 100% on display

Do you mean your D2 is not in Roon Only mode (since Lumin app does not work in Roon Only mode), while the 100 front panel display should be wrong, but the 68 value in both Lumin app and Roon should be correct?

If you adjust the volume in Roon to 67, does the front panel get updated to 67?

Doesn’t matter what I change to in Roon or Lumin app display shows only 100 but volume does change. Ok maybe D2 is not Roon only.

Same problem here with my D2. Volume on D2 is 50 in the Lumin app and in Roon it’s also 50. But on the display it is 100. I do not use Roon Only Mode

My D1 is the same…playing at 8 but display says 100 this one also non roon only mode