Lumin - Roon ready

Hej

I Deicided to start my adventure with miusic from files.

Bought Lumin D1 to test before moving to higher model. Unfortunatelly it works with Roon only via airplay which is not desired as I seek for “lossless” audio path.
Really looking forward to confirmation when LUMIN will become Roon Ready end I can enjoy LUMIN & Roon with best sound quality.

Thx.

1 Like

+1,
Interested to know too !

Hi @Rafal_Malek,

I’m sure RoonLabs would love Lumin to support RAAT.

Do Lumin have a support site? If so may I recommend starting a “Roon Ready” campaign on there, if many Lumin customers lobby Lumin to support RAAT then you wish may come a little sooner.

Hey Carl

I have already addressed this question to LUMIN directly. To: info@luminmusic.com

Perhaps we don’t have to lobby more as solution seems very close. See below their answer:

Please keep me posted as I’m keeping on hold upgrading to A1 model until LUMIN will be Roon ready and I can set lossless audio path.

Looking forward to your answer.

Reg Rafal

That’s excellent news … once the Roon guys have validated the implementation (a QA process so it can be certified as Roon Ready) Pixelmagic will be able to announce and release it to their customers. Enjoy.

I’m the Firmware Lead of LUMIN Network Music Players.

We will ship a Lumin unit to Roon Labs today for certification.

3 Likes

Hej

Thanks for working on it and is great i can already use my Lumin with Roon.
Unfortunately all files are played as Wave if I use Roon + Lumin. Same files with original Lumin app are played in original format (AIFF,ALAC etc).
Really looking to solution of this situation :slight_smile:
Looking forward to more news on solution to this situation!!

reg
Rafal

Peter,

All Lumin owners and soon to be Lumin owners thank you for the terrific support you & the Lumin technical team provide us.

I know nothing about Roon but am interested in trialing it with my S1. Based on the posts in this forum it appears that AirPlay is the only working protocol which seems to have some limitations. In your opinion is it best that I wait to start the 14-day trial once Roon has completed their Lumin QA/certification?

Thx,
Brian …

This is a feature, not a problem. Roon decodes the file so that Lumin does not need to decode it. This is actually better. :slight_smile: The signal path is still lossless.

Yes, I think that’s better.

Peter,

It’s been a little over a month since you provided Roon Labs with a Lumin, Any update on certification progress?

Thx,
Brian …

We have fixed all the functional and performance issues, but one hurdle remains…

Could you please be a bit more specific?

I got the U1 after an email from Li On @ Lumin that the firmware is finished and certification imminent. It is seating in a box waiting.

Is there any way to get the Beta of 8.0 firmware?

30-day trial:
https://www.nativedsd.com/information/roon

Thx Peter. Unfortunately I signed up for the 14-day trial before seeing your 30-day trial link. I don’t think I can take advantage of the 30-day trial unless you know of a method to do this. Is the 3-day trial specific to DSD?

Thx,
Brian …

typo, Is the 30-day trial specific to DSD?

Are you still on track for the end of March release of firmware? Are are looking for beta testers?

The firmware for the certification unit has already passed the tests done by Roon Labs.

And so a release date must surely be imminent?

Seems released now … http://www.luminmusic.com/streaming-services.html