Lumin T2 DSD512 MQA Roon Ready Network Player

John Darko :roll_eyes:

It’s really hard to discuss advantages by looking at the chip alone. It’s really the implementation within the unit that matters. A talented engineering team can make a unit with an older chip sound better than a mediocre team armed with a newer chip can because the chip alone is only one piece of the puzzle.

3 Likes

AKM factory was burned down in a fire unfortunately. All new designs would have to use something else.

1 Like

And I can confirm that Lumin’s MQA implementation must be pretty darn good, as the format sounds fantastic on my T2.

6 Likes

Hi @wklie , I have now a Trinnov ST2 Hifi for the moment connected in a loop to my ATC SCA2 preamp. So reconverting analogue to digital to analogue.

I would like to connect the BNC output of my LumĂŻn T2 to the AES/EBU input of the Trinnov.

I have a doubt on the Neutrik adaptor to buy: male or female ( it looks the same to me!) . Would this fit directly on the back of the T2 please?

Below links and pictures of the adaptors and back of the equipments.

I think you’re going to need cables between the adapter and your gear on BOTH ends.

1 Like

XLR on the adapter should be male, because the adapter cable will be female <–> male.
On BNC you’ll on both sides the same.

By the way: I would compare, if the analogue connection isn’t better, also in using MQA, DSD,…

Great thanks @Burkhardt_Petermann and @Strojo!

I will try with the following cables and the BNC-M adaptor.

I will experiment indeed what is best for SQ in various configurations. For instance currently I am up sampling everything from Roon to DSD512 which cannot be handled directly by the Trinnov.

Ease of use will remain important because the T2 is used by the whole family, mainly for Spotify. I am the only one interested in the complications of using Roon.

The LumĂŻn T2 is making my top notch stereo system easily available for everybody in the house. I am grateful to the company/product for this.

2 Likes

Lumin BNC output plug is female.

The neutrik images look confusing, but I think I’ve found the reason why. They both have female BNC connectors. The male / female designation refers only to the XLR connector.

If I’m not mistaken, you’d need a male to male 75 ohm BNC cable, and an appropriate AES cable depending on which Neutrik variant you get. If you go with BNC-M, I think you need a typical male to female AES cable. In any case, you’d need to double check this.

2 Likes

Hi Peter,

I’ve been reading some Lumin T2 threads and elsewhere and I’m confused about the low and volume normal setting.

I run xlr from my t2 to Jc5 (Parasound). Do you have an idea for what I should set it at?

Thanks

Try Analog Output Level Low first (i.e. 2V XLR output). If it delivers the volume you need for the most quiet recording you have, then it’s fine.

If that does not deliver enough volume for your setup, then set it back to Normal, and adjust Max Volume % based on your most quiet recording as needed.

Thank you Peter.

So the max volume level is what confused me the most , so I’m glad you brought it up.

If on Nirmal setting, if I lower the max volume level from 100 to 90 , do I have more volume steps or less to reach max? (Something about the percantage I’ve seen you calculate in other threads, hope this makes a little sense)

You always have configurable 0-100 steps, only that it is scaled to a lower level.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for clearing that up