Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 and DSD over RAAT

Hi,
I cannot get my Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 to work with DSD over RAAT (ethernet). (It seems to work over usb but then I loose the Roon ready-connection). I think it is the same problem reported in December 2018 with the label “Lyngdorf TDAI3400: some options not available”. (The screenshots of Settings provided in that matter is the same as mine). When I try to play DSD over RAAT (ethernet) it is being converted down. The only answer to the question in December I can find from “Roon” says “Many of the above concepts just don’t apply when you are networked. These settings are managed automatically for Roon Ready devices.” BUT once again I still cannot play DSD without being downgraded over RAAT (ethernet) but it seems to work as intended over usb. Is there any solution? Shouldn’t it be possible to play DSD over RAAT (ethernet) and not only over usb on the Lyngdorf?
Best regards Richard

Hello @Richard_Hager,

The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 does not support DSD playback through it’s networked inputs. The only way to play DSD on the device is to use the USB DAC input.

It should be noted that the TDAI-3400 will convert DSD to PCM internally, even when using the USB DAC input.

-John

1 Like

Thank you John,
Ok, I see!
/Richard

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.