Lyngdorf TDAI-3400: best connection to Nucleus?

I am considering replacing my Devialet 200 with subject integrated, which is Roon Ready. I am wondering which input to use from my Roon Nucleus. The Lyngdorf’s USB input is rated as ≤384kHz/32bit, ≤DSD128, DXD. On the other hand, much of my reading on the Roon web site says that the Ethernet connection is the way to go.

Any difference between the two connections for the best SQ?

Network if you have it. USB if you want something specific like higher DSD rates or you simply prefer it.

1 Like

Thanks Henry. I have both network and USB. Will go for network initially, as I only have a few DSD files. Plus, a knowledgeable person has told me there would be less possibility of noise via network.

Hi , I know this is an old thread, but did you go for the Lyngdorf?
I am contemplating the exact same move, from the D200

1 Like

I did purchase a used Lyngdorf TDAi-3400 but sold it fairly soon afterward. Compared with the Devialet 200, I found it a bit thin. Could have been my particular set-up or the fact that my Vivid speakers at the time benefitted from the SAM application by Devialet. I moved back to Devialet, purchasing a new 220. A few years later, I sold the 220 and purchased a Class A/B Kinki Studio EX-M7 and have been quite pleased with the results. Here’s a link to the 6 Moons review that prompted me to purchase the Kinki. I have the amp paired with a Lumin X1.

1 Like

I am considering the Lyngdorf or a linn Selekt DSM ……but the 200 is a damn good amp
Will look at your suggestion too

1 Like

How does it compare to the Devialet?

1 Like

IMHO, the Kinki EX-M7 is a better amp than the Devialet 200/220. But it doesn’t have a DAC, so you would need a DAC/streamer. A well-respected French reviewer, Joël Chevassus, who also contributes to 6 Moons, actually sold a very good Luxman amp and replaced it with the M7. I enjoyed my time with Devialet and just wanted to move in a different direction. Good luck!

1 Like