Lyngdorf TDAI-3400. Roon signal path and MQA

Asking for comments, help and maybe @support :white_flag:
Not a big issue, but I wonder why there is a permanent “MQA core decoder” and “MQA Studio” message in the Roon’s signal path? :thinking:
Even when I listen to Qobuz stream or local files. Even .mp3 :crazy_face:

My current setup:
Roon Core - Intel NUC 8i5BEH2 (16Gb RAM, 512Gb M.2 SSD) - ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, Roon Server Version 1.8 (Build 943) stable
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (firmware version 2.3.1)
Network Router - MikroTik hAP ac2
Lyngdorf is connected to my home network via Wi-Fi

I tried to:

• reboot ROCK
  • reboot Lyngdorf
  • disable / reanable Lyngdorf in Audio Settings
  • disable MQA Core decoder
  • set Lyngdorf as “No MQA Support” (default setting is “Decoder only”)

non of these helps

Lyngdorf itself doesn’t show any MQA message on its display or Lyngdorf Remote app.

It’s after roon has handed off to the lyngdorf, so either it is telling roon that or roon THINKS it is being told that.
I’d reset the roon configuration of the lyngdorf to exclude mqa reboot the core and the lyngdorf and then see what it does

2 Likes

Everything below the “Roon Advanced Audio Transport” device is reported by the device to Roon, not by Roon itself.

If after doing a factory reset of the device you still get a signal path display that you have questions with, you’ll have to ask the manufacturer.

4 Likes

Hey @Serge_Tse,

I saw that you pinged support and wanted to jump in and say that @ged_hickman1 and @wklie have pointed you in the right direction. Your Lyngdorf device is reporting the MQA file type. Follow wklie’s device reset advice and reach out to Lyngdorf support if that doesn’t help. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Is it normal that ICC TruePeak doesn’t change during a listening session. It only changes when rebooting the Lyngdorf or restart Roon.

Can you explain further?

Still investigating.
I turned 3400 off the AC outlet for a while and the wrong “MQA core decoder” message is gone.
Maybe it occured when I toggle between “MQA core decoder” on/off in Roon during playback or I switched between sources Roon and Tidal Connect when MQA stream was playing.
Now I use MQA core decoder in Roon only. And rarely use Tidal Connect.