Lyric - At least 50% have typos

I love the lyric feature…now that it seems to be common to almost every platform. I particularly love the feature that allows lyrics to be followed, highlighted in real time. I am a few months into using ROON and am glad I have joined the club. A persistent irritant for me is the number of typos in the lyrics…I am not sure if these are scrapped from the internet and are “user uploads” … I suspect they are since publishers would not allow this many errors. I am keen to correct them as I come across them but how does one do that using ROON?

Unfortunately you cannot correct the lyrics using Roon. If you have lyrics written to your audio file you can edit them in an audio tagging application and tell Roon to use the Lyrics stored in the files instead of the lyrics that Roon gets, but these will not be followed and highlighted in realtime.

thanks for letting me know. That is really too bad and takes away from my OCD desire to correct and share.

Michael

I’ve noticed this as well. It seems like the people writing up these lyrics are unable to tell the difference between “to” and “too”, “your” and “you’re”, “there”, “their” and “they’re”. Not that surprising given it seems to be something applicable to a large percentage of people, even with those for whom English is their native tongue…