M23 release updates

Some news coverage on the M23 today. A couple of articles:

https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1424566-fiio-announce-m23-portable-audio-player-k19-headphone-amp-dac.html

2 Likes

More coverage 2:20:50:

Torben

For the “tl;dr” crowd: the M23 is scheduled to be released later this Fall, in September. So, if we go by recent past history, it will probably not be ready for purchase in USA or EU until Dec '24 or even Jan '25. I’m hoping that the FiiO manufacturing and distribution has improved and it’s available earlier…but, we’ll just have to wait and see.

I want one, so I will get it when it’s available. FiiO can contact me to send me one any time they’re ready!! :smile: :blush:

@Techru - The information that I got says scheduled to be release April 2024

Torben

They keep changing things…From their own forum posted Feb 14, 2023:

Showing Nov 2023.

Then the updated post, from the same FiiO employee Lin Lin Wan Jan 20, 2024 has the new dates:

Showing March 2024…but then in the comments, it is stated for launch in the Spring of 2024.

So, again, we’ll have to wait and see… I am not trying to be negative towards FiiO and their release dates, as they don’t have to tell us anything if they don’t want to. So, providing some insight is nice, and I take it with a grain of salt to keep my expectations normalized.

FiiO can still reach out to me and let me know when they are sending a unit to me :smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

FiiO M23 has been released:

Torben

#@*&… I JUST got my Q15 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Wife is going to KILL ME when she sees this purchase!!
M11 Plus, Q15 and now M23…I can hear it now…“how many ears do I have?”

Oh well.

I guess the positive (probably just for me, definitely not for the wife!!) is that I will be able to compare the AMPs between the Q15 and the M23. I have always wondered about the M11 Plus and the THX AAA-78 modules. Questions I have mainly revolve around whether or not the THX holds back the potential sound quality?

I have gotten pretty good at my understandings and preferences on the DAC chipset side. ESS, AKM, Burr Brown, R2R, etc. My preferences change with genre, speakers, headphones and IEMs. So, with DAPs and Portable DAC/AMPs, it’s a newer learning curve. My first quality DAP was the Pioneer XDP-100R, which had the Sabre 9601K AMP, which was just OK in my opinion.

So far the Q15 is hitting all the right qualities for me, so comparing to the THX should be interesting.

1 Like

In your best mansplaining voice…" Well dear, headphones and DAPs are rather like earrings or shoes. You need to change them around according to current mood and to match the type of music"
Suggest you do this whilst surveying the size of her shoe, handbag and earing collection. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some reviews:

Torben