- Roon core on Synology NAS.
- Macbook Pro end point, connected to:
- Denon AVR X8500H via HDMI
Things I am able to do:
- Play up to 24 bit, 192 kHz without downsampling.
- Play 5.1 ch
- Display artwork and lyrics on the TV
Wishlist (things I want to change):
- DSD files are sent as 176.4 kHz PCM. I wish the Mac can send the DSD as is and the AVR decodes it, as it has a decent AKM AK4490EQ DAC.
- I believe all FLAC, ALAC, and WAC files are send as PCM as well, because I get a green dot instead of purple at the end of the Signal Path. I wish can set it up in a way that these files are decoded in the AVR instead.
I know that attaching a high quality USB DAC to the Mac can do so. But in this case, I will loose the display of artwork and lyrics, and more importantly, I will have to pay for the DAC.
I was just hoping I can get the HDMI output of the Mac to passthrough the lossless files, and let the AVR’s DAC deal with it, as it does with Dolby TrueHD files for example.
Any help would be highly appreciated.