Make Scrolling Lyrics optional

I understand that scrollings lyrics has been high in demand in the past.
As you are reworking lyrics linked to the ‘Now Playing’ screen, I would really love the option to avoid/stop scrolling.
For a lot of music, it is important to be able to read the whole text as in a book, in order to get what the songwriter is intendingnto express.
Reading text line by line makes it extremely difficult, at least for me, to keep the context of the text
Dirk

3 Likes

You could just open the old lyrics window for a static display.

Sorry but you lost me there.
How can I do that?
Dirk

Actually, I don’t think you can at the moment. Hopefully, Roon can add that feature in the future.

Cheers, Greg

Indeed, that is more or less what I am asking. I would have no problem that the default would be scrolling lyrics as a lot of people want(-ed) that.
But it would be nice to be able to enable preference for static lyrics
Dirk

I think what Ged was referring to is opening the Lyrics screen from the track listing. That is a static (though scrollable) window for both time-encoded and non-time-encoded lyrics…

I think you can get to the same from the three dots next to the track in the queue. But I’m not home to look.

Thanks! I hadn’t discovered that option. Like Dirk, I really missed the old lyrics display.

I don’t know about anyone else but I think the text on the scrolling lyrics is also too big, i’m not a fan.

Thank you all, that fits the bill nicely!
Dirk