Making a QNAP even faster

No I don’t believe so, as this now happens as I was testing now again.

I’m transferring some backupfiles to the NAS, so I avoid any network issues when we test why restore Roon is not working.

ScreenShot260

I prefer using file manager in windows. Much faster. Or even better WinSCP

ScreenShot263

crieke - i have a tvs-471 and i got through removing all the screws (and some extra ones, i think) and the only thing that SEEMS to be holding me back from completing what you did is removing the motherboard. the only thing at this point that seems to be holding the motherboard in place is the connection (which i cannot see) at the power/copy/usb in the front. the board is completely loose, but it just doesnt seem to budge down there. do i need to just pull harder? am i missing something? Sie sind der einzige, der mir helfen kann!

I can’t recall that there was a situation where I had to pull hard. Can you post a photo of the current teardown?

Could there be screws left to the front casing? There are connectors accessible in the front of the TVS-471.
(I guess they are still tightened by a screw?)

Take a look at the picture from my cpu swap (also posted above):

There is one screw that sits next to the single front USB connector.I think it can only be unscrewed by removing the plastic front cover. (I am not 100% sure about it, as this was already quite a long time ago).

so look for a screw in the area of the usb connector?

Are you working on a rug?

I guess it is this one:

I left the flat cable on the board. I remember I disconnect it on the other side from the small display/button board.

no rug, its a static proof blanket but im not working on it i just took the picture there as it is cold

maybe this is the screw?

1 Like

i see the screw now after looking at your picture, but its going to be very hard to access it from my vantage point.

did you remove the black plastic casing on the front to gain access to that screw?

Yes, I had to remove the plastic front.

I am currently looking if I can find a picture…

ok, i think i see what is going on here. i have to remove the screw from the last picture i sent in order to remove the plastic front and then remove the screw you showed me with the arrow.

I think so, too. :slight_smile:

you are awesome! thank you so much! i just saw your posts from googling and started my project, ran into trouble, registered as a new user on here, asked a question and got an immediate response when you didnt have to do or say anything. i love that! you have been so much help! thank you thank you thank you!

You are welcome. If you are also enjoying listening to music, you should give Roon a try. You might like it… :wink:

i will check it out, because video, music, and technology are my life; and if it werent for your qnap post i never would have even known it existed. roon should send you some $$$!

1 Like

On the TS-470 Pro motherboard it look like it has a PCLe slot look for the number 10 on the motherboard. Does anybody know what this is? Also, in front of this there is a black container to hold down the PCLe.
Qnap TS-470 Pro MotherBoard

Any information please.
Thank you
James

could also be for a wifi card

I don’t think there are any possibilities of installing a PCIe1x memory as there are simply no space available. And like Wiz i believe the m.2 slot might be for other expansion cards, like wifi.
My TS-470 is still running ähappily along with its Core i5-3470T, four years on or so!