Manage ROCK on a screen

Hi everyone,

I am new to the community and this is my first time writing.

I’d like to know if anyone knows if the Roon engineers are working to implement a full interface for ROCK that can be viewed on a screen other than a tablet. That is, now, if you don’t have a tablet, for example, you can’t adjust the parametric equalizer settings since, due to space limitations on a mobile phone screen, you can’t. And, if you have a laptop, you can’t manage it either because ROCK is headless.

If the best option for Roon is Nucleus or installing ROCK on a NUC, why do you have to be forced to buy a tablet as well?

Thanks

Not really following you here.
Why can’t you use the laptop as a Roon remote so you could then have same equalization access as you would on a tablet.

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. I really tried but no way to find Roon remote for Mac OS. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but I just find it for iPhone or iPad.

This is relevant I think
Take a read, it’s short….

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-remote-on-mac-os/

Thanks a lot, Kevin! Almost sure this is the way to fix it.

1 Like

Hi @JJFT

You don’t need to be almost sure, the Roon software package is designed to act either a Core and control or as a remote/client for your desired Core.

Once you have installed the correct package for your choice of computer, you will need select your Core when you start Roon and unless you disconnect from that Core it will automatically connect to it if it is available on your network.

You can download Roon for MacOS here: Roon Software Downloads - PC, Mac, Linux, Android & iOS | Get it Now, you will need the version directly below the Windows 32 bit version, do not choose Roon Server by mistake (this is to set up a headless Roon Core on PC/Mac/etc).

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comprehensive information and help.

I did it as you suggested and it works perfectly well.

2 Likes

That’s great @JJFT I am glad you sorted it out.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.