Managing TIDAL playlists... looking for some help

Hi Yiannis,
many thanks for your reply.
I do not have local library so I have to use in any case Tidal or Qobuz.
I will try to identify a solution. I hope in the future Roon will give us the logic possibility to add to the roon library the track from a copied Tidal playlist and automatically it will be reconised as part of the roon library.

I hope that Roon will give us the possibility to have the track number in the Playlist to revert the order otherwise you have always to play from the first track.

My last comment is that in the future Roon will be able to easily grant the migration.
Example I have all my roon database linked to TIDAL. We shoudl be able to change provider and automatically roon library will re-connect with Qobuz for example.
I hope I was clear.
Anyways thanks again for your reply,
Alessandro

1 Like

All the above is a perfect example of how insanely difficult it is for a newbie with Tidal playlists to understand the Roon-system where the exact same track can be a non-library track (in a playlist, in a queue, in your history) or a library track (in My Library > Tracks). It took me a week and the help of other community members to understand the what and how and the implications. I find it completely misleading that one is told: make a local copy of your playlist, and then it is done. Nothing could be further from the truth. It would be nice if every new Tidal user got a tutorial on day 1 of his subscription (although that might scare everybody away). What’s the situation now? The library/non-library/playlist issue (with all its consequences) is not even mentioned in the knowledge base.
Of course, in stead of trying to explain to everyone the almost incomprehensible hassle that you need to go through to access the full possibilities of Roon, it would be even better to rethink the library/non-library system.

3 Likes

I tend to agree. I would advise not making Roon based playlists of streaming songs (Qobuz or Tidal). I think the best approach is to make the Playlists in the streaming platform and have them sync into Roon. This of course is a hassle as you have to keep Tidal running in parallel to do your playlist edits.

Now that I am looking to move off of Tidal, I realized I should not have made so many Roon playlists.

1 Like

With the export to Soundiz function now, i might soften my position that you can make playlists in Roon, but still have a manual step of using Soundiz which won’t be perfect.

I pay for Soundiz and use automatic Syncs to bring my Spotify lists into Tidal (and thus into Roon) (this is not related to the OP, just another Soundiz tidbit).