Marketing emails from Roon

@Carl Well said. Its not end of the world stuff but I have no use for it and would like to be able to unsubscribe from these marketing emails.
Meanwhile I would prefer Roon’s efforts go to getting it to work better and responding to customer service needs in a far more efficient way.
Seems like the effort building this “store” would be better spent making happy customers, not a few bucks in commission from the components they are promoting.

2 Likes

Exactly, Make an option to opt in/out of Roon software update emails etc and a separate option to opt in/out of marketing emails. As it is it is all or nothing.

1 Like

Am I correct to think Roon is sending me a lot more marketing email than they used to? It’s true that I have a pretty low tolerance for this stuff in general, but I’m officially finding it a nuisance - and when I unsubscribe, the message I get is " You will no longer receive messages from Roon Labs.", which isn’t what I want either. I want to receive informational messages, messages from this forum, and notifications about updates & Stuff, I just want them to stop trying to sell me hardware I don’t want.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. The volume has certainly gone up, which is not a good thing in my view.

Yet, I don’t want to unsubscribe and miss anything good. I’d prefer to get marketing mails about once a month, or so.

I’ve received three emails relating to the Roon Store this year, one inviting me to the networking webinar, and a single newsletter. Have you had more?

Regardless, it’s simple to unsubscribe; marketing are sent from different email to the newsletter.

1: Yes, I’ve received more than three. Here are the ones that are still in my inbox.

3/16/22: Get a free Nucleus Plus and a 1-year Roon subscription when you purchase a pair of Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers
3/28/22: Last chance to get a free Nucleus Plus and a 1-year Roon subscription when you purchase a pair of Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers
4/6/22: Exclusive Offer: Nucleus with a free 1TB HDD storage
4/15/22: Nucleus 1TB HDD promotion extended to May 1
4/28/22: Nucleus 1TB HDD promotion ending soon!
5/4/22: Edit Subject Don’t Miss the iFi Zen Stream’s Roon Store Debut
5/13/22 (1): Only 2 days left to take advantage of the iFi Zen Stream offer!
5/13/22 (2): You’re invited to our ‘Best home network setup for Roon’ webinar
5/26/22: Memorial Day is almost here, don’t miss out on our new gear and holiday offers!

1. I don’t agree that it’s simple to unsubscribe. I think their verbiage could use a little refinement, which is what I pointed out. Their unsubscribe link is a single-point link that reads,

> No longer wish to receive updates and announcements from us? Unsubscribe here.

and the resultant dialog reads

> You will no longer receive messages from Roon Labs.

Both of those left me without confidence that I’d still receive non-marketing messages like newsletters and forum posts.

Agree. Would think this was beneath Roon. Make opt out clearer. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that the common email and all or nothing verbiage was unintentional. And will hopefully be modified/clarified.

1 Like

@support
Please enable a way to unsubscribe from any and all marketing e-mails.
No store promotions, nothing.

Please!
This became extremely annoying!

2 Likes

That’s easy, click on the link in the email or use your email client’s unsubscribe feature.

3 Likes

hey, I think this is new:

How do you get to that page?

It’s the page I now reach when I click UNSUBSCRIBE in the email.

Please post URL to that page. I clicked unsubscribe in a Roon email and all I got was complete unsubscription - no options. Now I can’t find anything regarding newsletters or marketing emails anywhere on their site.

Same here. I assumed that that page would be under your Account management section. But, it doesn’t seem so.

The link generated for me is followed by a 200-character hash, and might be unique to my account (or my email).

[edit] Whoops! It was unique to my account.

With same caveat, it brought me ot this page:

[edit] Whoops! It was unique to my account.

ah, but maybe this is useful?

[edit] no, it wasn’t

Thanks for trying. None of those work for me. All I’ve gotton, other than messages like, “Oops! Something went wrong”, is “You’ve unsubscribed”. I’ve tried entering my user ID and the hashes from my last newsletter email.

So, I’m left with being unsubscribed from everything (I think, maybe, no way to tell) and no way to resubscribe to only news and not to promotions.

Blechh

Having seen the results, they all didn’t work (or were all keyed to my account specifically), so I’ve cut out all the referents and only left the replies so this will be comprehensible to any poor souls who come across it in the future.

Did you receive the 6/23 message with the subject Celebrate the Height of Summer With the Escape P6 Air? The unsubscribe link at the bottom of that message was the one that led me to page I posted here.

4 posts were split to a new topic: The P6 Air is Roon Ready