Marmite love it or hate it

I’d be willing to try it. I looked it up and the description doesn’t sound bad. I don’t know if it’s available around here though.

It’s called vegimite elsewhere I think?

1 Like

Different but the same
Difference Between Vegemite and Marmite | Difference Between.

Oven baked parsnips in goose fat and then drizzled with a bit of honey. Magic!

3 Likes

Certainly called Vegemite in “Oz” and probably Kiwi land as well.
There is a subtle difference in taste between the two but both brands are yeast extract, salty and delicious :relaxed:

2 Likes

There’s something seriously wrong with you lot🤣

3 Likes

I suggest we also discuss Branston pickle :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s food, so I like it.

Must admit in a blind AB test I can’t tell the difference between marmite and Vegemite.

2 Likes

They do a Branston sauce now, the pickle without the bits.

1 Like

Pro.

AJ

5 Likes

Think that’s guys had a wee bit too much of the stuff :wink:

1 Like

I’m sick of the subjective nonsense here. I will return with objective proof of Marmite’s marvelousness…

5 Likes

You know, the movie “Soylent Green” was set in 2022. Who do you think controls the Marmite Corporation, and would they kill to protect its secret?

1 Like

“Soylent Green is people.”

Not in NZ - they do have Marmite but it tastes different and has a slightly different consistency :upside_down_face:. Mrs RH is a Kiwi, so we rip each other about which Marmite is best!

Love Marmite, but I’m not so keen on Vegemite.

Now this I did not know :grin:

I’m very much a Marmite lover. Besides being good on toast, bagels etc. it can also be used to add richness and depth to sauces and gravies etc.

They produce Marmite XO (extra old, matured four times as long as the standard Marmite) from time to time which is stronger and richer in flavour. They also made a Dynamite version with chilli, but I didn’t feel it was hot enough.

3 Likes

We are waiting with baited breath…well it might actually be your breath that’s baited tbh.

2 Likes

Marmite, Vegemite, sprouts - all the Devil’s work.

1 Like

Crikey I haven’t eaten any Branston for………45 minutes :stuck_out_tongue: