MATRIX ELEMENT H USB 3.0 Controller Jack DC PCIe Femtoclock Crystek Power Filter

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

RAAT on itx Board with internal SSD for music.

Hi,
I will try RAAT on my music PC with a MATRIX ELEMENT H USB 3.0 Controller Jack DC PCIe Femtoclock Crystek Power Filter…
I use this usb card ( supportet via great LPSU ) on my itx Board connecting to a AVM DAC / CD MP 8.3 via USB cable .

My question is simple:

Windows use a driver for this fine USB Card.( PCI Express Card )

Would your Linux RAAT automaticilly recognize this card ?

Because for me it is Important to use this card , because his USB Output is much better as a normal USB Output.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Via USB ( from the Matrix Element H with great LPSU ) to my great AVM MP 8.3 ( roon ready ) [ german Manufaktur in Malsch / Karlsruhe ]

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Itx Board with SSDnVme ( Boot Partition) and 2 GB SSD for music, 16 GB DDR4 RAM etc. via USB Card on PCI EXPRESS to galvanic isolated USB Port of my AVM Dac

Description Of Issue

No issue, only a question because of recognizing the PCI Express Card by RAAT???

Because Intel Nuc has NO Pci Express slot !!!

The capacity to recognise and use devices hanging off PCI-e highways sits with the OS. ROCK should work, it was able to recognise a JCAT net card when I used it. It should have no problem with a USB card.

1 Like

Hi Henry
thanks a lot for this Information.
I will try it and will tell you what happens.

I’m not sure if ROCK sounds better on an Intel Nuc than on my itx board with a very good USB card.

I already tested the Jcat LAN Card.
I sold it again because I didn’t hear any benefit.
streaming via USB sounds much better on my DAC, especially with the Matrix H Element card and external audiophile power supply.
Thank you for your help,
Matthias

Hello,
Did you still use this configuration? I ask you that because I tried the Matrix Element H on a Gigabyte mini ITX motherboard with Roon ROCK and the sound was cleaner, more dynamic, the soundstage wider, feeding the Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA DAC.
What motherboard did you use? What external power supply?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.