Memory Leak in Build 1388 Causing Server Crashes (ref#NAHW6E)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Music stops playing mid-track

Build 1388 Memory Leak causes server to crash.

Server ends using full VMs memory. The server crashes with the endpoint reporting issues with the connection. After a few minutes the memory usage is back at ~400mb and the client is connected again. Starting play within 9 minutes the memory usage is back at high levels and the crash repeats. Increased available memory to 6gb and then the crash occurs within 20 mins.

Linux Roon 6.5.13-3-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.5.13-3 (2024-03-20T10:45Z) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@Roon:~# cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=22.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=jammy
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS”

Further screenshots -

Issue seems to have resolved itself after allocating an excessive amount of memory to the VM. Peaked at ~6.4gb.

Just a fellow user.

How many tracks are in your library?

I also notice a CPU use of 8%, was Roon undertaking an initial background analysis of your library?

I normally run Roon on DietPi. Under normal use with a track count of 70k, after analysis, I sit at 2.5gb ram used of 16gb, CPU at 0.5 to 1.0% on each 4 cores. I can upscale to DSD with little impact also.

I haven’t seen a memory leak issue personally with 1388.

My thoughts are you gave your VM instance a bit too little RAM. Try 16gb.

Hi @Braden_Chapman,

Roonlabs do not support running Roon within a VM so I’m moved you post to Tinkering where you will get the best community advice.

If you able to reproduce with Roon running outside of a VM in a native OS then Roon’s @supprt team will investigate.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.