Memory leaks on QNAP

It might be a bit soon, but I have not experienced memory leak since build 783…anybody else experiencing the same. QNAP Nas

It appears so as if the skipping \ stopping was related to a massive performance hit reducing reported transcoding speed by 25-50%, which in turn seems to always coincide with high memory use and therefore massive swap partition use (which you cannot control on a QNAP so HDDs will be used first). It does not seem to matter much if a streaming service is being used or local file, but to me it feels as if local files would be less prone to skips than streaming.

The memory leak is still there. Played tracks yesterday for a number of hours. The mem usage went from 5GB - 8/9 GB and a CPU usage from 29% with no DSP turned on. No performance whatsoever when switching/skipping between tracks. Had to restart the Roonserver, which cut the mem usage again to 4-5 GB and the CPU usage after the reboot was around 0.3% during playback. This restored the track switching and skipping performance to somewhat acceptable

I will monitor and report back

Hello Noris,

Is there any progress with this problem? I am seeing a lot of complaints here and in the Facebook groups with very similar symptoms (however most people have problems identifing the root cause) and it is becoming a real nuisance. Reboots seem to help, but all of my endpoints are effected. I can’t get an hour of listening without 2-3 stops independently from the data rate.

Thanks
Áron

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.