Merging a 2-disc album

I just downloaded files for a 2-disc album. Apparently the two discs both are labeled Disc 1 (although the proper disc names are in the titles; anyway, Roon thinks they are both Disc 1.

It should be easy to reverse the disc number while merging albums, but I haven’t figured out how to do it yet. The problem is that whether I’m in the process of merging the album or trying to fix it after, as soon as I change one of the disc numbers–rather, as soon as I click in the other disc’s field–it immediately assumes that I want to merge them into a single disc (either 1 or 2, depending on the order I do it in).First this:

Then this:

At one point, I saw an option called “reverse discs” or something like that, which sounded very promising, but then I couldn’t get that to work either, and now I can’t seem to get back there again.

Simple problem, no obvious solution–to me anyway. Thanks.

… and another thing.

After messing with this, I noticed my computer–a late 2018 MacBook Pro–was running slow and hot, so I restarted it. Then I messed around with Roon editing just long enough to take those screenshots, then went away to finish cleaning up after dinner. Came back and Roon–a remote on this computer; the core is elsewhere–was running slow again. No editing windows open or anything. So I checked Activity Monitor and:

What’s up with that?

Hi Jim,

Re the sorting. To reverse the disc numbers, try this:

  1. Don’t select (check mark) the two discs.
  2. Change disc 1 to 3.
  3. Change disc 2 to 1.
  4. Change disc 3 to 2.
  5. Click Sort Discs.

Assuming the tracks are ok, click Create Album.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Greg, I don’t know if it’ll work, although I suspect it will. Either way, I’m embarrassed that I didn’t think of it.


Is this a new install the library load does an analysis that hogs CPU it can take hours even days on a big library

Check Settings … library you may see analysing x of y

Mike, just checking back and seeing this. Not a new library, but clearly some weirdness, since old recordings are suddenly turning up as new. Seems to be reindexing or something, although I didn’t ask it to, or not intentionally.

Note however that this is on my laptop, which is merely a remote.