Meridian 218 - MQA - Roon

I hope it is OK to try to reopen this thread. If I should start a new one please advise.

I brought home a Meridian 218 yesterday and installed it in a second room where I would like to use Roon AND be able to play MQA files with full MQA sound.

Long story short: It worked well, when it worked.

Connected 218 via an Apple Express (to allow for a hard wired ethernet connection as I can NOT run an ethernet wire from my Wi-Fi system hardware to the room with my main stereo). The sound was lovely. But it frequently cut out and either the Meridian or the Roon Core (my iMac in another room) had to be rebooted. Over a four hour listening period this happened 8-10 times. Sometimes I got uninterrupted play for a full album or so. Other times the music stopped after a much shorter period of time.

I do NOT believe the problem is with my home network for the following reasons:

For months I have streamed Tidal via an iPad connected to my Bel Canto DAC in my second room. No hardwired connection of any kind to the Wi-Fi. An Apple camera/USB connection between the iPad and the DAC. No problems.

Whenever the music cut out yesterday using the Meridian 218, the green light on the Apple Express remained lit. Other Wi-Fi devices were NOT affected.

Thoughts?