Meridian 818v3 connectivity with Antipodes

Bill
I use the Antipodes K50 with my Meridian Ultra Dac. The K50 is both a server and a player. You can have the benefit of using Roon for the server and using Squeeze or HQ Player on the player. The best sounding connection between my MUD and K50 is the AES/EBU, followed closely by the SPDIF. That is because those connections utilize the clock in the K50 which is quite good. Using the USB or network connection does not sound as good because it bypasses the re-clocking in the K50 and uses the re-clocking in the MUD. Using TIDAL and the correct settings in Roon with enable you to decode MQA through all Meridian inputs. Antipodes just came out with a model above the K50 so I suspect you may start to see some preowned K50s on the market. Just make sure you get a newer model with the upgraded power supplies. I did own a Roon Nucleus which was much better sounding then Sooloos. Antipodes is on another level compared to the Nucleus.
Mark

Thanks for your reply and additional information Mark.

I don’t have a Meridian or Antipodes dealer in my city and travels to other cities to audition equipment is on pause for me.

The Meridian tech in North America has no experience with Antipodes nor did the Antipodes dealer in Ontario have experience with Meridian so I was at an impasse in making my purchase decision.

I saw that Antipodes released a top level product. I’ll keep an eye out for K50’s in the secondary market.

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Kind regards,
Bill