Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier and Power Supply

This is my $1600 Meridian Prime headphone setup. The headphones were purchased new. The Meridian Prime amplifier and power supply were purchased on eBay.

Raspberry Pi 4 running RoPieeeXL $73.71 from Amazon
Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier $449.16 on eBay
Meridian Prime Power Supply $530.00 on eBay
Dan Clark Audio AEON Open X Headphones $516.12 from Drop.com

Total $1568.99 and worth every bit. Thanks for your help Robert @rrwwss52

3 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Snap!

Also purchased second hand, headphones were brand new. Fed by an Allo USBridge Sig running Ropieee.

3 Likes

Did you route your USB through the power supply? I ordered a USB A to B cable that will arrive tomorrow, but I can’t imagine that will make any difference, but it can’t hurt either.

How do you guys like the Aeon?
I just got me a Ether Flow 1.1.

I like it fine, but I don’t have a lot of other experience to compare to.

1 Like

Yes I did Jim, I have had it that way from the beginning so I couldn’t tell you if it made any difference. I had some short cables made up by Ghent Audio.

I really like the Aeon’s @Tech_Whisky_Lab although I am in a similar situation to Jim in that I didn’t have much to compare them to, my previous headphones were a Sennheiser HD595 that I purchased back in 2005 (I think).

2 Likes

You’re very welcome @Jim_F :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was really leery that adding the Meridian Prime Power Supply would make any difference. I have to say, after listening for about 12 hours today, this thing is incredible. Or, I am falling into some sort of trap.

Haha, yes I questioned my own sanity as well.
I felt that it made a big positive difference, it could well be expectation bias but when’s all said and done, I know I am happy with my purchase.

1 Like

I received my USB A to B cable and routed the signal from my Raspberry Pi 4 through the Meridian Power Supply to the Meridian Headphone Amplifier. While everything works great and sounds great, I can’t say that there is any difference in SQ. I would have been surprised if routing USB through the power supply made any difference. I don’t know why it would.

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased with my used, but new to me, Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier and Power Supply. If you ever find one of these at a reasonable price, don’t hesitate to grab one. There are a couple on eBay, but probably priced too high versus something newer.

I did have to return my Dan Clark Audio AEON Open X headphones this morning. There was a short in the headphones or cable that caused an occasional drop out on the right side. Drop.com is shipping out a replacement right away. Very good service.

Hi, i saw that my dealer had this combo demo units for sale at approx 1200 euro,
I have been thinking about a headphoneamp for my Focal Clear ,
Any thoughts on this pairing ?
Thanks
/Tommy

That’s $1356 US. I paid $449 for amp (used) plus $530 for power supply(demo) for a total of $979. Maybe you can talk them down a little. I was able to get Gramophone to reduce their asking price from $899 to $530.

As far as performance, I’m very pleased, but I don’t have a lot of experience with anything else except a Dragonfly Cobalt.

Thanks for the thoughts, i think i will take a trip and have a listening session,
I Also have a cobalt, really like it , always with me on travels

1 Like

What great customer service from Drop.com

I just shipped my defective headphones a couple hours ago via UPS and already my replacement headphones are on the way to me via FedEx. I will definitely check them out next time I need something else.

2 Likes

I just received my replacement headphones from Drop.com this morning. What great customer service! All is good with the replacements. I love it when businesses value their customers.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone is interested, but there are still a couple Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifiers and Power Supplies listed on eBay. They are listed as brand new and are located in Great Britain. The prices seem a little high to me, but they are accepting offers.

This eBay listing is now at a reasonable price if anyone is interested, especially if you’re in Great Britain.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rrp-1-400-Brand-New-Sealed-Meridian-Prime-Headphone-Amplifier-Prime-PSU/174224341109?hash=item2890947875:g:E1IAAOSwBP1ecoaf