Merrick 1R Streamer

Hi everyone, my name is Robert and I am the small business that produces the iN2 AUDIO MERRICK 1R server (and many others - please see www.in2audio.com). I wanted to post here to help with any misunderstandings about the product and clarify any questions now and in possible future posts. First of all I want to congratulate ROON on what is simply the best music streaming software available - period. I have used ROON for many years and have always been a happy customer.

A few years ago now it struck me that as amazing as this software is, it did not allow for a very important part of the market…those who can afford the recommended hardware (NUC) option but, have no idea about building a computer, NUCLEUS is a great product but for many is too expensive. I wanted to fill this gap and bring a product to market that would allow more of those wishing to be part of the ROON family an alternative option that would not break the bank and also avoid the complexity of building a server. So I went to work…

My first ‘port of call’ was to check with ROON about my intentions which was met with no resistance and at the time I was informed that the guys at ROON were working on a program for integrators like me. Looking carefully through the ROON website also, I was delighted to come across this from ROON

'ROCK is great, but I want to do X Y and Z.

Please read this . It was written by a member of our community that summed up our thoughts on this very well.

Paragraph 13 was what excited me most and so the search was on for a platform that could work as a ROON (ROCK) server amongst other operating systems, I worked closely with our friends in the east to come up with this product and fully support this product myself, I have had no complaints what so ever and believe that I have helped ROON grow and secure it’s subscription base in my own small way.

This post was also reinforced by DANNY DULAI stating 'everyone asking questions about hardware… please read @AMP’s post above. He said it so much better than I did. +++++

The MERRICK 1R (and other products in our stable) is sold as a music streamer server that is compatible with ROON, it is only sold to those who have tried ROON and intend to or have a subscription/license.

There are a number of other companies across the world that produce ROON (ROCK) servers that have not been tested by ROON but I believe ours is the most cost effective way to bring the joy of ROON into everyone’s lives.

The CPU is an Intel Celeron with a burst frequency of 2.6GHz and the MERRICK 1R is great for small to medium sized library’s.

My mission is simple, I want to bring ROON into the lives of the many who can’t afford expensive hi end servers and also those who cannot build them.

Thanks to all at ROON and this wonderful community.

Robert

1 Like