Metadata for individual albums in boxed sets

Here we are almost three years later and Roon STILL needs a box set solution.

I’ve recently been struggling with a bunch of sets and it’s been aggravating to say the least.

2 Likes

same here…
I’m stuck tackling Miles Davis ‘The Complete Columbia Album Collection’ ( 52 CDs) and I can’t decide wether:

• having a single box set (loosing all reviews and cover art for each album)
    or
  • having all separate albums with each review and cover art, but loosing the Box Set.

Also, I can add two or more cover arts to each album, but can’t assign a default one or an order to display them

Yes, this is one of the most annoying open issues in Roon. I’m now almost exactly 5 years with Roon, and still waiting for this to get resolved.

1 Like

I definitely choose (and have chosen) for seperate albums, with an extra boxset picture, and a personal ‘boxset’ tag.

Dirk

1 Like

thanks @anon90297517 ,
do you mean a ‘boxset’ tag added in Roon (editing the imported CDs) or at time of importing (I use dBpowerAmp) creating the extra ‘boxset’ tag and adding the Title to that (The Columbia …) ?

When I started with Roon, the RoonAlbumTag did not exist yet, so I use a normal Roon tag after importing my albums in Roon.
I add the tag right after adding the albums to my Library.

Today, if I would start from scratch, I probably would use the RoonAlbumTag for it.

At the other hand, I have not yet added a boxset that I do not own.
I.e. I have not yet ‘hearted’ a boxset in Qobuz that I did not buy.

Dirk