Metadata issue - tracks are correct but piece is incorrect

I’ve not run into this before… can’t see anyone has either so here goes: I just ripped a CD on dbpoweramp (not found in Accuraterip) and, while the individual tracks are correct for all three works, two of the work titles are totally incorrect. For example, the first piece is the Ravel Trio in A Minor. All 4 tracks are identified correctly, but Roon has id’d the entire piece as the “Menuet for Piano in C sharp Minor, M.42”. I would like to know how I can manually edit this correctly. It did the same thing for the second piece on the disc: tracks are perfect but instead of Haydn String Quartet in D “The Lark”, Roon has decided it is “Presto for Flute-Clock in G Major, H. 19/13”. I understand mistakes are not uncommon. But I simply cannot figure out how to correct these significant mistakes. Suggestions?

Hey @Gregory_Garbin,

So we can investigate your report further, can you please provide more information about the album you’re experiencing this issue with? What is the name of the album and who is the artist?

Thanks!
Dylan

Sorry, I meant to include this!

Thanks, @Gregory_Garbin!

We will investigate further and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks!
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

I’m following up on my issue. I know you were looking into issues with respect to the album in question. But what I’m wondering is this: is there no way for Roon subscribers to manually edit album information that is clearly incorrect? If not, why? If there is, please share with me the process. But no matter what I tried within the Roon software interface, I could not manually change the information that was incorrectly applied to the ripped CD.

Thanks,
Gregg Garbin

Hi Gregory, what they don’t want to tell you is that you can make changes to file tags using a third party editor. If the tags are canonically correct, chances are Roon will accept them. And, this route is easier and more predictable than trying to use Roon edits.

Note, however, that I was just warned by @joel from Roon that certain undefined changes to one’s tags may cause one to lose future metadata updates.

So for heavens sake, don’t take my advice and spend 3 minutes with a tagger. Sit tight, think in terms of years for a fix, and be happy with what comes out. You know the difference between Ravel and Haydn, right? What’s in a name? :slight_smile:

Hey @Gregory_Garbin,

Apologies for the delay here! The team is still looking into this on our end, but for now you could manually change this on your end by using WORK/PART tags.

Thanks,
Dylan