Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-05]

I like this kind of music precisely because of this diversity and dynamism.

1 Like

I have random playback running again.
Is this already Metal? At least a forerunner of it.

RoonShareImage-637605068519758903

1 Like

Have once again rediscovered an older album. I could not even remember that it was so good.

RoonShareImage-637605107128333581

4 Likes

Never seen this before but going to add it and give it a listen to. :+1:

2 Likes

O M G!!! I have that awful vinyl from several years ago. Somehow they jammed that whole album on 1 platter. It sounds like crap. So excited that this is happening!!!

This is a response to RBO’s post about Queensryche Operation:Mindcrime remaster.

Yes, you have :joy: (took some time to find, but remembered that Dimmu album was mentioned earlier)

2 Likes

The one with the “Capitol Vaults” sticker on it? Never heard that one but I’ve read it’s utter rubbish.

I only have the first UK and USA releases and this sounds better. Not perfect but much better. Slightly louder and it’s got the both end the originals are missing.

1 Like

In that case Jukka I apologise (almost) unreservedly :flushed::grin:
I’m guessing I tried it and couldn’t cope at that time.
Sitting here watching the football and listening to it now.

I remember listening to Cradle of Filth but the other two less so, though I have traveled around the world of music a few times since those early days :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes, I think it is. Actually has some weird scuffing on side one, returned it, next one came with the exact same scuffing. Just ordered the new release.

:grinning: yes I think so too that you tried those couple months ago. Earlier black metal tends to be little harder even if it is symphonic like Dimmu Borgir.

1 Like

Has to be that one. I believe there were only two reissues so far, the one from Capitol and the one from Back in Black and red double vinyl.

This new release is a good purchase given it’s less than £30. Let me know how it sounds to you.

1 Like

Ha ha I would not describe it as Symphonic black metal, I am thinking more Black Metal with symphonic elements :joy:
Still it definitely has a thing going for it and will stay in my library now :+1:t2:

1 Like

Well title says it’s a Metal Opera…

2 Likes

I have not listened to this in ages, but it makes me laugh

Although House of Pain puts a sobering note on it

2 Likes

Would not be complete without this

3 Likes

I saw the double header tour of Faster Pussycat and Guns,N,Roses at Rock City , Nottingham back just as Appetite was released.
That was the most packed crowded gig I ever went too!

4 Likes

It’s been quiet here today gents, does anyone have anything new to share or anything that might be released on Bandcamp this Friday. One has been paid after all, though I have already committed to several albums, but always good to add some additional albums to the wishlist :wink:

2 Likes

Very good power metal from the land of bratwurst and sauerkraut. The artwork is so metal!

3 Likes

Going to give that a listen thanks.

In the meantime

6 Likes

Have not yet checked new metal releases for tomorrow but hopefully there will be some good albums coming. Do you know if there is easy way to see albums by release date in Bandcamp?