Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-05]

Story in the Guardian this morning, and yes it is my paper of choice, so label me a liberalā€¦ as you wish

2 Likes

Guardian? ā€œNature hurtingā€? Urgh. No. Hopefully we can keep politics out of this thread.

2 Likes

I usually leave politics at the door unless itā€™s a political discussion.
This thankfully is a music discussion thread :grin::+1:

@Michael_Harris
Absolutely love the Armored Saint album Mike, great recommendation. Youā€™ve led me down the usual rabbit hole now though of checking out the rest of their discography.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Great news Barry, based on our previous conversations, I thought you would, so glad I got that correct. Looking forward to listening to it some more.

Been down a Pink Floyd and Dream theater rabbit hole this weekend myself

1 Like

Glad someone else enjoys the Armoured Saint stuff.
Bit old school metal but quite polished.
Enjoy!

Old school describes Most of us in this threadšŸ˜
Late 70s and early 80s Metal quite different but so much fun.

I know you have a huge collection on vinyl (and cassette) and I am trying to build up the collection on CD and (cover your ears Kevin) Digital downloads

1 Like

Itā€™s very bloody good.

Been a little quiet in here.

Some symphonic metal with female vocalsā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, way too little music during last couple weeksā€¦

One sub genre that has not got that much attention here is stoner metal. Sleep is slower paced (skip to second track if opening is boring) and High On Fire much fasterā€¦

2 Likes

Definitely going to have to try Sleep in that case as I never get enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am almost afraid to try anything called Sleep since I have been really short on it lately. I keep going to Sleep while trying out new music as a result

1 Like

Just skip to second track or you will be sleeping before first ends :grinning:

1 Like

If anyoneā€™s into Killswitch Engageā€¦ This is excellent.

2 Likes

Not really listened to them much, got a bunch of albums in my library though so will have to find time.
:+1:

Itā€™s great. Side project of KEā€™s singer and guitarist.

I am not even sure what links in Roon I mashed to wind up at this, but it works!

1 Like

Had forgotten completely about Armored Saint - good, older style HM; thanks for the suggestion.

No problem, though it originally came from someone else, but the older style was quite refreshing and I really enjoyed it.

Armoured Saint was in my top ten list :innocent:

2 Likes