Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-05]

Almost certainly where I got it fromā€¦ Just didnā€™t want to drop your name yet again :rofl:

2 Likes

I was recommended to listen to this today;

Not sure what to think just yet, itā€™s very (early) Rushā€™ish where these lads used to sound like a mediocre Led Zeppelin cover band to my ears previously. Give it a listen, and see what you think?

1 Like

Mikael I am happy to listen to it, but would not buy it. Itā€™s very Led Zeppelin lite, but somehow still listenable.
I have listened to this a couple of yes and also listened to the last album a few times as well.

2 Likes

They are sort of neither here or there now.
Absolutely were a shameless Zep sounds like akin to Kingdom Come but now they really donā€™t know who/ what they want to be when they grow up.

Itā€™s not bad by any means just mostly instantly forgettable unfortunately.

Hope that doesnā€™t sound too harsh!

2 Likes

That sorts of fits in with my thoughts.
It doesnā€™t annoy me, but I go back and play old Zeppelin instead :grin:
I did try to enjoy it but it was just hmmm.
Though out of interest the guys in the office did not complain about my music like they usually do :rofl: (and they like Floyd Zeppelin)

2 Likes

Actually going on vacation tomorrow morning with the wife for the first time in over a year.
Looking forward to a break!
Even if I have to take the wifeā€¦:innocent:

1 Like

Ha ha Iā€™m off to West Wales (near Tenby) next week, finding some new music to take (and the new Sonos Move and Roam). I will also be traveling with my wife for the first time since January 2020.

I will be offlineing the Povertyā€™s no crime Henri recommended yesterday (prog not metal) as it is very good, I was going to sample it, but just turned up the volume, in my hotel room so I think itā€™s staying on until it finishes :+1:

1 Like

Used to really enjoy Tenby back in the day.
Enjoy the road trip!
I usually look for some good record stores while outā€¦the wife hates thatšŸ˜‚
I have all 6 Povertyā€™s No Crime albums.
And I think when I mentioned them a while back the general consensus was it was prog and not metal which I can agree with.

They were a Roon suggestion from when I was playing Shadow Gallery.

1 Like

The moment you mention Led Zeppelin is the moment I stop considering the suggestionā€¦

1 Like

Yes much more progā€¦ (Sorry I donā€™t remember you posting them, but letā€™s be fair you post a lot :rofl::roll_eyes:)

Got sleep lined up after that, and I am going to try and stay awake through it.

Me?
Post a lot?
Must be confusing me with that other guyā€¦ :innocent:

1 Like

Well with a recommendation like that, of course I listened to the whole first trackā€¦ Seriously :joy:
But track 2 is great :+1:
Definitely a throwback vibe to it (and acid)

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while since my last recommendation (too much work I guess), but here it is - some well-produced power/prog metal from a bunch of fellow Brazilians - absolutely awesome guitar riffs:

2 Likes

That album not on Tidal, but I have added Balladā€™s from 2017 to have a listen to.
I hope itā€™s as good?

It is on Qobuz so have added it for a listen later tonight :+1:

How come itā€™s not on Tidal? Did you see the screenshot above?

Itā€™s me being an idiot, to be fair :rofl:
Added now thanks

Harsh, but as you sayā€¦ :joy:

Absolutelyā€¦ Nough said :grin::+1::roll_eyes:

Got to say I am enjoying this after the Stoner metal of sleep earlier.
Henri said epic and itā€™s pretty good.

2 Likes

It certainly takes one to know one :wink:

1 Like