Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-05]

No more headaches from black metal? :grinning:

I think you get used to it, and just build up a tolerance.
As long as I enjoy the music that is the main thing.

If it is really intense then it is a bit different as I often listen on headphones

2 Likes

How heavy/cookie vocalish is that band? Is it as good as Moonsorrow at least?

Fairly heavy vocals and some good music, different to Moonsorrow.
But good.

Just tried a bit - not for me; too black/death for my taste. Moonsorrow is more epic “pagan metal” in my view. The funny thing is seeing Roon tagging them as “pop/rock” only…where is Valence? :smiley:

Excellent effort from Kiko (Megadeth). If you’re expecting vocals, don’t :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh it is shocking, I think Jukka mentioned before you can only retag them if you put them in your library
It’s a bit frustrating, though I cannot be bothered to update the genres myself.

Yes Moonsorrow more my usual kind of thing, though I like Black metal as long as it is musical and this was pretty musical in my mind

After two 18 hour work days with no music I am on my second listen to this album, this morning and excellent recommendation, I really enjoyed it.
I don’t listen to enough power metal :+1:

For those who do not follow What we are listening threads, Vokonis released very good new progressive metal album yesterday. Maybe little Mastodon sounding (although I like this more…)

1 Like

R.I.P Tawny Kitaen.

https://youtu.be/swPt9HBRXuE

5 Likes

After my comment this morning of not listening to enough power metal I have built myself an album playlist of classic power metal albums.

I would generally say that Legendary Tales or Tales of Enchanted lands are my favorite album’s by Rhapsody, but there is so much fun in their albums.

Cheese on more cheese I know, but these days I gravitate more towards dark metal and this is pure fun

4 Likes

First day of my first Holiday out of the house (though only in the UK) in 15 months, so packing to some good tunes

4 Likes

Das is fantastisch ja!

1 Like

At my destination and got my Sonos Move (which really is a beast) and up and running :grin:

I have to say that Sabaton’s battle themed albums constantly put them near to top of my power metal charts

2 Likes

Ah, from my town! They host/headline Sabaton Open Air each year here at our national ski stadium. (not last year obviously)

Mikael that’s a good lineup and I bet it would be fun. I assume you normally attend?

Sadly no, haven’t visited SOA… Last band i saw at the stadium there was actually Deep Purple!!!
I can assure you that Jon Lords Hammond with the Lesley horns made an impression in the landing area of the ski jumping hill.

2 Likes

Superb doom album with a beautiful femal voice (sadly passed away some time ago). There’s even one song with the great N. Holmes of Paradise Lost.

Put your cans on and enjoy listening to her voice. Giving this a 10.

4 Likes

That’s an excellent album and I listened to it a lot last year and a few times this year as well :+1:

1 Like

Glad you’re also enjoying it. It’s a very good one indeed. Also have it on vinyl. They deserve my money.

Sad she passed away.

2 Likes