Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-05]

Stumbled upon this now and got to track 3. Must say, I like what I am hearing so far. Doom metal with male and female vocals and very My Dying Bride-ish.

1 Like

Most odd.
I remember listening to this and being unimpressedā€¦
Added it back to my list and will give it another go on your recommendation.
:+1:

1 Like

Yes @ds_2 put me into them when I was listening and enjoying Swallow the sun (as if I remember correctly she was the partner of the lead singer of STS)
If you havenā€™t listened to it try Songs from the North I, II & III itā€™s one of my fav Doom metal albums

1 Like

It may grow on you. Am curious :slight_smile:

Now you are just going through my posting history :grin:
Thats another one I really like as well

1 Like

Thatā€™s right. They were partners.

Playing now. Is she on any of their songs?

3 Likes

Did you post this? :see_no_evil:

A long time ago (before you joined the thread), but most of what I have learned in this thread has come from the sharing of others to be fair.
But I did enjoy that album so I am happy to share it with you :rofl:

1 Like

Interested in your thoughts on this album (canā€™t remember if she sings on it)

1 Like

Have added all their albums to my library to listen.

Track one STS and thereā€™s no doubt in my mind this will be good and into my library they go.

This is another good one. Was either you or Kevin who mentioned it weeks ago.

2 Likes

I got it from Kevin or someone else, but it is in my library and I like it.

Yes, Aleah sings at least in Heartstrings Shattering. She was with STS guitarist and passed away couple months after that album was released. That makes also Trees Of Eternity album very meaningful.

It was couple months ago when that was discussed and I think both Trees of Eternity and Draconian was also mentioned then. Very good albums, as is Oceans Of Slumber).

I probably started recommending Swallow The Sun here because it has been one of my all time favourite Finnish bands.

3 Likes

As we are talking about STS I thought I would give this another listen. Might even follow it with Trees of Eternity

1 Like

Loving this!

3 Likes

Not sure what I found to dislike previously?
Played through it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.
:+1::+1::grin:

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it. Happens to me also. Latest one was Wheelā€™s new album. Did not really like it at first.

As soon as the guitars and drums kicked in on ā€œSatanic magick attackā€, first thing I thought of was Judas Priest :slight_smile: Is it just me? :))

1 Like

You were just being difficultā€¦
there was a lot of posting around female lead metal bands :rofl:

Wash your mouth out with soap young man :rofl:
(Glad to hear you have come back to the dark side though)

1 Like