Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-11]

Novembers Doom is a great band. ā€˜The Pale Haunt Departureā€™ and ā€˜The Novella Reservoirā€™ are my favorite albums.

In 2007 I had the chance to book them as the support act of Forbidden at the Dynamo club,

Paul Kuhr is one of my favorite death metal vocalist and he has a great clean voice as well.

Paul has two serious health issues with his back. Some of his lyrics are about that problem. You can read about that here:

4 Likes

Killer album.

5 Likes

Yes it is, it is so close to The Pale Haunt Departure that only reason I can think of why I like Haunt more is that I listened it first.

2 Likes

I just discovered that there are no Novembers Doom albums on Qobuz. They are all available on Tidal.

1 Like

Yes, I know and it was one of the biggest issues when changing from Tidal to Qobuz. That is why I purchased those that I do not have on CD from Bandcamp. Luckily all are available there.

1 Like

Wise move. :+1:

Which is one of the reasons I keep both services, always something missing from one of the other.
Worth the few extra dollars to me for that.

3 Likes

That would be best but I do not want to support MQA in Tidal, even if their apps for iphone/ipad are better than Qobuz apps. But lets not talk mqa here :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

For me, this is simply the best Metal album ever - from start to finish, one fantastic track after the other, no fillers. The perfect mix of heaviness and beauty. Layers upon layers of intelligent melodies, thundering and triumphant riffs, technical, but not over the top. The grand finale of Grinning Mouths moved me to tears today, once again. Just wonderful.

3 Likes

Nice detailed album decription. It has been a long time since I listened that one but remember it was good and sounding little like Neurosis. Anyway, good reminder and I will be playing this tomorrow.

2 Likes

Ashenspire - Hostile Architecture

4 Likes

Orphanage - By Time Alone

https://i.imgur.com/tEQgsSQ.png

Welcome to the Lovecraftā€™s world :octopus:

Really love the band and their 4 albums :+1:

7 Likes

This is a must listen every Christmas :grinning:

8 Likes

I think I posted this in listening thread but it really deserves more. Excellent progressive metal album with clean and harsh vocals. Album that, as many good ones, keeps getting better with each listen. This will probably be one of my top 5 albums this year.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a damned good album. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Glad you like it, when it was released it took me only couple minutes and I knew it had to be purchased from Bandcamp.

3 Likes

Just listening to this now. 2nd track in and it is already in my Bandcamp basket thanks :+1:t2:

And a happy Christmas to those who frequent this thread

6 Likes

Ok an interesting list, I have 9 of the 10 in my library, but I imagine this list will be contentious to some of you.
Will be good to know what you think should be on the list.

1 Like

Well I have them allā€¦lol, majority on vinyl which Iā€™m sure is no surprise.
But metal?
Not exactly how I would describe Sabbath TBH.

1 Like