Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-11]

Okay Ace, educate me here please.

This is really good @ds_2 :+1:.

1 Like

I did think you would have them all on Vinyl (funny that). Metal has become a wide genre over time and as Black Sabbath allegedly created the first ever Metal album you canā€™t take them back out now.

1 Like

Hey @ds_2 all it took for me was less than one minute of the first song. :wink:

Itā€™s on Qobuz btw.

1 Like

Same as @AceRimmer, I have all those albums and all are good but probably only one would be on my top 10 list. Always nice to check those lists

3 Likes

Funny but I never ever classed Sabbath as metal just like I would never class Purple or Zeppelin as metal.
They were just one of the ā€œbig fourā€ rock acts at the time.
Just my view and thatā€™s all.
Butā€¦if we were going to include a Sabbath album I would have have to throw in Technical Ecstasy.
It was certainly mind altering :grin:

2 Likes

This looks pretty cool up on the TV as well.

Another view:

4 Likes

Donā€™t disagree with your thoughts about much of this being heavy Rock.
I think it just shows that Metal has a much greater range now than the 80s and 90s

3 Likes

Nice, very glad you like it. I think that band will be much more well known in future because of that album.

1 Like

Outta :heart: but wanted to say I think youā€™re correct. Thank you for the great rec. I needed to move on from focusing on Christmas and this did it :+1:.

1 Like

Yes, now it is in Qobuz but it was not there when it was released. Anyway, I want to own albums that make big impact on me so this was easy Bandcamp purchase.

I donā€™t believe I have listened yet but itā€™s now added for later :+1:

1 Like

Hey @ds_2 you need to post your top 5 or 10 favourite metal albums of 2022. Same with @AceRimmer, @Michael_Harris, @Henri, @Mike_Mulcahy, etc.

P.S. Because Iā€™ve learned that if you guys say you really like something then I almost always do as well.

1 Like

Yes, that work is in progress :grinning: I think top 5 is almost sorted but more time is needed to get top 10 right. I have been listening best albums of 2022 past couple weeks and continue to do that for few more days.

2 Likes

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is one of my favs.

1 Like

Just posted this in the M&G thread but wanted to see what you hardcore metal heads had to say.

2 Likes

Exactly the same here. :+1:t2:
My list will be posted in a few days.

3 Likes

For those who want something little different metal here is black/avant-Garde/ā€¦ metal album from Japan. Language alone makes this pretty unique with wide variety of musical styles.

Ukrainian black/post metal Wide Ward: False Light is not as unique but certainly have their own sound. It actually was ranked 2nd in Bangertvā€™s (youtube channel) viewers choice voting. Winner was Blackbraidā€™s album.

Posted these already to listening thread few days ago but as they are pretty complex albums they needed more

5 Likes

As promised, top 10 of 2022

1. An Abstract Illusion: Woe

1. Hath: All That Was Promised
  2. Dissillusion: Ayam
  3. Wilderun: Epigone
  4. Septicflesh: Modern Primitive
  5. Lorna Shore: Pain Remains
  6. Goatwhore: Angels Hung from the Arches of Heaven
  7. In Aphelion: Moribund
  8. Strigoi: Viscera
  9. Aeternam: Heir of the Rising Sun
9 Likes

Even if my top 10 list is all metal I also listen other music but they are usually older favourites. Keeping up with metal releases do not leave too much time for new albums from other genres.

But those of you who do not have all metal lists maybe you could share your favourite metal album(s) of 2022.

2 Likes