Metal music discussion 🤘 [2023-2024]

And how many have you purchased since that? I assume there are already couple in your collection :slightly_smiling_face:

Listening some Katatonia albums as concert date is near, always nice to go through albums before shows.

https://i.imgur.com/76nleJP.png

New album coming January 20th and also their tour starts then. There will be concerts in UK early February, are you (or anyone here) going to see them?

6 Likes

None actually, though I purchased a few a day before my post (there is still a lot in my Bandcamp wishlist as the year begins, though it will never catch up with my purchases again :grin:).

Very excited to get the new Katatonia album as well.
They are not playing near enough to me sadly, though Bristol is a possibility I will have a look.

I already have tickets for Black Stone Cherry (30/1), Gojira (17/2) and Sabaton (16/4) so it’s a good start to the year.
Looking for more shows as well :+1:t2:

4 Likes

That is very nice start to this year, Gojira is something I also need to see in future! One show that I already wait is Wilderun but that is still couple months away…

1 Like

Now that I would enjoy, but the closest they are playing to me is Belgium :scream:

Normally I go to these type of concert’s alone, but for some reason there are several of us going to the Gojira show.

Do you have many others lined up?

2 Likes

Not yet, there are not that many interesting bands coming here in first months of 2023.

2 Likes

Looks like many European band’s are bypassing UK due to Brexit, and honestly I don’t blame them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Additional costs and red tape are apparently are making it difficult

2 Likes

9 Likes

Such a Lovecraftian classic! Bought this album as a teenager, but haven’t listened to it in decades… time to change that today.

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-638087196954243670

6 Likes

Did you already post your top 10 album list somewhere? Always interested to see what was your best albums.

1 Like

No. Not yet. I still listing and collecting a few albums.
And also, lately I just don’t feel up to it yet.

1 Like

Good, I feared I missed it. I know it is long process, I almost had to do the same thing and just forget it for a while… I’m also still discover new albums for last year like Blade of Surtr that I just listened (thanks for sharing).

1 Like

Yea, that Blades of Surtr album is good. I am now listing to the Koasarium album. It’s good, but I don’t think it will make my list just yet.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

In the middle of winter…
:cold_face:
Winter - Into Darkness / Eternal Frost

2 Likes

Doom metal at it’s best and one of the big surprises of last years

6 Likes