Micro Rendu Possible Issue

My Micro Rendu is showing as part of network. The It is working. Yet it does not show in the AUDIO section of Roon. It always used to but then it was also always connected to a DAC which it is now even tho the DAC is not Roon Ready.

Is this why the MR isn’t seen separately? It always used to.

It might depend on the DAC that is attached to it, and whether it is powered on?

I had a similar issue with my Stack Audio LINK. Even when it was switched on, it wouldn’t show up in Roon unless the attached DAC was linked to it and powered on.

Try this, and it should show up in Roon.

1 Like

Thank you kindly. I think it may be connected to the fact the DAC is not Roon Ready.

No, unlikely. It’s probably more an issue that the connected DAC isn’t powered-on?

The ‘DAC’ connected to my SA LINK isn’t ‘Roon Tested’ (Esoteric K-01X) but still ‘shows up’ in Roon as soon as both the Roon ‘bridge’ (SA LINK) and the Esoteric are connected via USB and both units are powered-up.

And BTW, ‘Roon Ready’ status only applies to network streamers/‘bridges’/transports, and/or streamers with DAC’s incorporated. A stand-alone DAC cannot be ‘Roon Ready’ because it doesn’t possess a network connection.

Further to what Martin said:
Be sure your DAC is powered on, not in standby mode (if it has one) and the correct input is selected.
Otherwise the microRendu won’t show up in Roon.
My DAC has a headphone amp where the volume control is also the input selector and I occasionally panic because it can’t be seen in Roon but then realize the DAC has either gone into standby or I’ve inadvertently changed the input.

It’s also possible that microRendu is no longer set to Roon Ready.
You can check this by going into settings on it’s web interface.
I think it’s under “app switcher” but mine isn’t powered on right now so I can’t check.

1 Like

Thanks to you both. I am too tired to check what you suggest. I have turned everything off and watching a drama about bomb disposal police. Bed soon. So I will try tomorrow.

A bit late it naswering. Things are a bit mnic here. Just been told i have a tumour in my ear. I love music too much for this to be allowed to eff up my bhearing.

Anyway, you were of course correct. If my Streamer Dac is not set to `usb MR will not show up in Roon.