microRendu General Thread

@Sloop_John_B Actually I still have the NDS, pending completion of it’s sale, but it has been quite a while since I listened to it. In fact, you may have noticed my move away from being completely Naim’ed to now only running a pair of Ovator S600’s via a Devialet 200. A very nice match they make too, but the keys that unlocked a real step forward for me, and my system, were Roon and a modest Uptone Regen. The former was the software that I had always hoped Naim would develop, and the latter actually caused a big step up in performance of the USB input for the Dev (yes, the praise written on the Regen are true IMO).

The microRendu is designed by the same man who brought us the Regen, in fact it contains an improved version of Regen in it’s circuitry, so I was very keen on the mR as a potential replacement, not least because it consolidates what is needed (hardware-wise) to pass a stream into the Dev. It’s Roon Ready and alternatively connects to HQP via in-built NAA.

I have given a little more depth here mainly leading up to my conclusion that I am not missing the NDS / Naim system at all. The mR is still very new and maybe needs a fair few more hours burn-in (I have seen 50 hours as a rule of thumb target to achieving full performance), even now though it has surpassed the sounds I was achieving with the Regen, so the other parts of the mR are coming into play. SQ is extremely good, the best I have achieved since I switched out from Naim, better than NDS/500 system? Well that’s a tall order, but like I say, I am not missing Naim at all. Maybe that’s a good enough commendation :wink: