microRendu General Thread

Just a bit more background. I had switched to Devialet as a 1-box solution hoping to use Devialet AIR, their very own streaming protocol or virtual sound card, but as @mdconnelly has intimated, AIR is unstable for almost all Devialet users. In fact, it’s a right PIA, but the Devs sound so good, AIR apart, the hardware is terrific, but it was a case of finding an alternative source and using one of the other inputs on the Dev. I opted for USB and have played with many sources utilising that connection.

Roon is the go-to software ( and I am not just saying that because we are on their forum), I realised that from the moment I started using it early last year, all avenues on the hardware side have been under-pinned that they must be Roon capable going forward. What with my take on the Regen, the mR appeared to me to be the ideal solution, and so far, I have to say, I have not been disappointed. The only fly-in-the-ointment is the Dev’s implementation of USB and power saving modes, which thus far, have been a cause of frustration to the use of linux based devices and HQP NAA. It points to Devialet, hopefully they resolve it eventually.