microRendu update from Sonicorbiter 2.7 to 2.8

If anything it was just updating 2.7. The issue could have been caused by a power or network anomaly or a bad sector in the SD card…who knows.

2.8 is fully compatible with the microRendu. If it returned then its working after the 2.7 update. www.sonoicorbiter.com should show the unit unless you have VPN or similar on your computer masking things.

The microRendu is no longer being recognized.

I see that the LED at the ethernet port is flashing orange since the attempted update. I can’t remember - is a flashing orange LED to be expected or should it be flashing ‘green’ when there is a successful ethernet connection?

It’s not working then and difficult to say what state it’s in the boot sequence.

@Jesus_Rodriguez

I hope that you can help me.

I ordered a new SD card with the 2.8 update, and have replaced my older SD card with the new one. There has been some progress since the website now finds my microRendu and recognizes it as having the SonicOrbiter 2.8 update. I can also see my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ using the DAC Diagnostics app on the website, and so the USB connection from the microRendu to the DAC is also working.

Unfortunately, although the Roon Ready app is also running, Roon does not find the microRendu as a Roon endpoint. I also see that the ethernet LED is flashing amber which I think is an indication of a network problem - I have tried 2 different ethernet cables between the microRendu and my Cisco 2960 switch.

Can you think of any reason for the problem, and any suggestions for a resolution? The network connection must be working to some extent in order for the Sonicorbiter web site to be able to see both the microRendu and the connected Brooklyn DAC+, but it is not recognized by Roon.

I’d be grateful for any help.

Maybe Roon now think it’s a new device and you need to enable it under Settings>Audio?

2 Likes

HI sohe68,

That is exactly what the problem was. I’ve enabled it as you suggested and my microRendu/Brooklyn+ based system is up and running again.

Many thanks for your help.

I have had the same problem with Sonora and Jesus. I upgraded my rendu as per instructions, re booted and lost contact with the unit. Jesus says that will be $29.00 to make it work again. Beware of this guy it’s all about money with him. For those woh desire I can supply the complete email story. A shame.

Tread carefully Mr. Thorpe…written defamation in a public forum could result in Sonore’s counsel reaching out to you.

Jesus if something I have said (I am willing to produce the emails) is not true then you should come after me, but why would you, why not just fix the problem obviously caused by your software. If my problem was mine alone I would gladly concede to you but the more I explore the more people have the same problem I don’t want to deny you the profits from an upgrade but honestly I don’t want that upgrade I just want my unit to work the way it did before I followed the upgrade instructions. I don’t believe threatening on a public forum is worthy of you. If you want to continue legal action please do it privately.

Jesus,
BTW I came here ( to a public forum) to try and solve my problem after you emailed me “this ticket is closed” I don’t believe you would like being dismissed in such a fashion. Would you Jesus?

I must retract any reference to Jesus or money and humbly ask the forgiveness of this forum.

Thank you Mr. Thorpe. I will arrange for a new micro SD card with SonicOrbiter v2.8 to be shipped to you…please accept it with my compliments. Should this new card not function as expected you can open a new ticket with us.

Thank you Jesus I consider the issue closed.

I have this problem too. Roon can’t find my Microrendus in either of my two systems. This problem has persisted since about two months ago, roughly when Roon upgraded to their software version 1.8. The solution I hope is the two new SD cards that I just ordered from Small Green Computer at $29 each. Needless to say I would prefer not to have to do this - whatever upgrades the new Sonore software version has, I was very happy with my Microrendus before, and don’t like having to spend $58 just to make them work again.

I’m another victim of this 2.7 to 2.8 upgrade. My Rendu is a brick now.

It does not get worse than this!

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

http://sonicorbiter.com/docs/upgrade

The links you posted are for the Transporter server series. This discussion is for the Rendu player series.

BTW SO 2.8 is not a requirement for stream with Roon. Both 2.7 and 2.8 On the Rendu series is updated when (not often) the RoonReady app is updated by Roon.

1 Like

I have had a MicroRendu for several years now and have found it to be an excellent product. As new updates came out I would simply select “update” to keep my firmware current. I did the same when 2.8 became an option, and am experiencing all the same issues discussed in this thread. Roon cannot find my device (no option to enable) and it appears unusable.

I have ordered the v2.8 microSD card from Small Green Computer for $39 CAD but don’t like being forced to do it. Thanks to all on this forum who have validated that this is the only way forward.