Mini-i Pro 3 owners' opinions?

Totally agree, it’s boring as hell compared to the Zen Stream but oh my it just works.

Sitting here listening to mine feeding from Roon to HQPLayer 5 and output at DSD512 over USB, now you have said about the i2S input, what are you feeding it from?
(little green monster on the lookout, but I really do not want any more equipment (no really I don’t)).

I generally use ROON straight through with no DSP if working and HQP if I want to to listen more closely.

I have XLR out to dual Mono power Amp’s and for input I have a TT (RCA), TV (Optical) and Sub Out (RCA) as well as HQPlayer OS USB and Roon over Ethernet.
Now you have made me realise I can also feed my SACD/Blue-Ray player over Coaxial so I will do that. It only leaves i2s left to have it fully utilised :grin:

1 Like

You really don’t want to go down the i2s rabbit hole :grin:
I’m feeding it from my Antipodes stack.
The S20 reclocker has i2s output.

I also feed the ipro with toslink from the TV and it sounds pretty freaking awesome even that medium.

1 Like

You are right I do not want to spend that kind of money :grinning:
But maybe a Holo Red is what I might be looking for, but I have to say the Pi4 running NAA and feeding the Pro via USB and upscaling to DSD512 sounds absolutely amazing, so why do I need too :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Meanwhile, this showed up while updating Matrix Audio Remote app :wink:

2 Likes

So a replacement is coming, even though the MA Remote app never supported the Mini 3 as far as I remember

Correct and the mini-i 4 and mini-i Pro 4 will get support for MA Remote app.

Well the Mini-I 3 range are well over 2 years old now and mine has done me fantastic service.
I wonder what they will add, for me having EARC would complete all my needs in my man cave.
But I use optical and it suits my needs for my TV requirements.
but it was always a bit strange that this series was excluded from the remote

Looks like the 4 is currently only available on import. interestingly list price is lower than original list on the 3. I have ordered the 3 as wanted from uk vendor and looking forward to using as Bedside end point headphone amp for, you guessed it, my ananda’s…. Looking forward it giving you guys my thoughts. Was using a chord mojo 2 cabled to my iPad so one box solution seemed ideal.

2 Likes

I like mine too but I’ve encountered one small problem. Every once and awhile, I recall twice in the last six months, it drops off the network. The fix is to unplug the power cable for about 30 seconds. That has worked so far, usually shows up right away afterwards.

2 Likes

Arrived today, easy set up. Listening now, calexico - feast of wire 20th (20th!) anniversary edition. I’m v happy. Using as Roon endpoint for headphones, currently ananda stock cable with 6.3mm unbalanced input. Got a 4.4mm balanced cable on order so keen to see if further improvements, but really pleased.

4 Likes

It’s a great device and personally I prefer the 4.4 for the bit of extra power on tap, but both outputs work great. Mostly I use mine with Ananda as well with an aftermarket balanced cable.

Hopefully you will get plenty of use and enjoyment out of your device.

1 Like

Similarly, i couldn’t get the airplay connection to appear. A simple reboot/power cycle did the trick.

1 Like

Hello
How do I reset Matrix Element X? Thanks