Missing Basic Features

I would disagree based on what I’ve seen and read, but can’t confirm what has been addressed by way of features requests, user input and the like. Personally, I haven’t seen many folk around here shouting & of the few that may have are typically those disgruntled users letting their subscription lapse. Not those who like Roon and only want to see it grow better for all concerned.

Your quote from Danny sits in between the two posts from jtwrace. He has stated his reasoning & in the bigger picture, it relates to numerous requests for better profile management that seems to have been an ongoing discussion for years.

Buzz words or jargon such as:

intentions and goals

…are really quite meaningless and to me are deliberately said as they aren’t explicit. So, they say very little at all and are open to interpretation.

If there was real intent there would be some forum rules other than a mere:

“Post your suggestions for features here!
we will periodically mark features with brackets [ ] in the title explaining if it is done or not on the roadmap.”

This provides no guideline whatsoever as to how one should make a feature request. Accordingly, people just request away. Typically over the years, some users get very frustrated.

Obviously we all have different needs beyond the necessity of the software enabling us to stream music seamlessly - which countless other pieces of software allow us to do. So, as per your post what is one person’s basic feature, maybe somewhat minor to another.

Again, if that’s the case, why don’t the Roon team sticky such an item to avoid user dissatisfaction? Surely it would take just a few moments?

Notwithstanding, I’ve found this thread engaging with plenty of useful information. I’ve learnt that Roon can’t make text cut and paste & the reason why. In the future when that is requested once again (as no doubt it will be), I’ll be able to let the user know it cannot happen. Further, there has been some interesting talk about other software such as LMS and more within this thread.

Cheers.

2 Likes