Missing WQXR New Sounds on Live Radio (ref#SDEDIH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Want WQXR New Sounds back on live radio, it does still exist

Describe your network setup

The Roon live radio portal says the station no longer exist when actually it still does and I would love to get it as before

I see WQXR-HD2 New York Public Radio: New Sounds Radio is in the database. Is this the correct station?

1 Like

Yes, this is the correct station But when you try to access it through Roon, it says station unavailable, and station no longer exists, which is not true as you can access it through the WQXR website.

Strange, as the database information that I can see shows it to be ”published”, meaning it should show up. I am away from home at present so cannot check.

I also see that there was effectively a duplicate station which is now hidden. I wonder if your link in my live radio is pointing to that one?

Searching for WXQR should show 4 channels, I believe. The one you want should be on that list.

1 Like

It was playing fine through Roon up until about three or four months ago when it stopped playing through Roon and through the Roon icon started, displaying the station unavailable and station does not exist anymore message

Dear @Peter_Kent:

There was a duplicate listing for New Sounds Radio in Roon’s Live Radio database that was removed recently. A removed station will still appear in one’s searches and within the My Live Radio section if the station were added to one’s library prior to removal from Roon’s Live Radio database.

Please try searching for WQXR-HD2 New York Public Radio: New Sounds Radio (a search for WQXR will work, too) using the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner within Roon and adding the station to your library. If all is well with the new addition, please do not forget to remove the old entry from your library.

Best regards,

RU

Do you see all WQXR channels listed and do the others play?

Hi Brian, I have tried cutting and pasting what you sent and everything comes up no results found

Even punching in just WQXR, I get no results from a panel although that station and it’s new standards are functioning icons in my room system, but just trying to look up WQXR shows no results ““

Dear @Peter_Kent :

Here is another way to find the New Sounds station.

1. Select the Live Radio category from Roon’s sidebar on the left.
  2. Scroll and select the Locations icon.
  3. Scroll and select United States.
  4. Scroll and select New York.

You should see WQXR-HD2 New York Public Radio: New Sounds Radio listed among the other New York-based stations.

Best regards,

RU

just to be clear, there are two magnifying glasses - you need the right one.

1 Like

Also, please be sure you are searching using the magnifying glass icon at the top. Please see the enclosed screen capture.

Best regards,

RU

1 Like

Thanks Brian and RU, I got New Sounds Radio back through the Location icon.
Do I need to delete the old New Sounds logo on Roon?
If needed, please give directions.

1 Like

Dear @Peter_Kent :

1. Click My Live Radio (not Live Radio) on Roon’s sidebar.
  2. Find the saved station that you would like to remove and click it.
  3. Click the circled ellipsis icon near the station’s graphic.
  4. Click “Remove from library.”

Best regards,

RU

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.