Missmatch between credits on album page and queue / playing now

This album of Pierre Wissnar Concertos from Qobuz is quite a mess on import from Qobuz. It is not the case with this album but in general imports from Qobuz are missing composer credits and often have no composition hierarchy as is being reported on numerous threads.

The core of this CD is the Hungarian Symphony Orchestra plus Alain Paris as conductor. But despite the album cover there are 4 soloists (violin, trumpet, flute and harp). There are 3 concertos and a flute/harp duet and an orchestral piece.

A configuration like this with multiple artists distributed over a program with multiple forms (concerto, orchestral and duet as in this case) is not unusual with a classical disc. However, in metadata it is all wrong with the wrong combinations of soloists, ensemble and conductor assigned to the individual works. This can be straightened out manually and on the main album page it is possible to get the display correct:

But on the queue and playing now page it is still wrong. Roon seems to concatenate the work / track artists with the album artists / primary artists. Can this be fixed?

Hi @Tony_Casey,

I checked with the team on this. The Queue screen is designed to include more information, which includes both the performer credits for the track as well as the credits for the album credits.

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the “feature request” section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks for looking into this @dylan. I have raised a feature request.

I am not sure I can think of a genre or scenario where it makes sense to concatenate track and album level credits on the queue. To me the queue is a track level display (even when entire albums are on the queue). The current approach just creates a a confusing clutter with many genres. Of course this goes unnoticed with genres like pop music where the track and album artist are often the same.