Mixing Daily Mix Playlists

A change in playlist behaviour under the new format in Build 1379 is causing me some problems. Today I get a Daily Mix: Sweethearts of the Rodeo. I have two previous Daily Mixes of Sweethearts of the Rodeo. Previously, Roon would have asked me if I still wanted today’s mix, given that I already had mixes of the same name. If I replied yes, then Roon added today’s mix to the others. It annoyed me that Ron wouldn’t tell me how many tracks were already included in the previous mixes.

Now, Roon says nothing about previous Daily Mixes with the same name, nor how many items are included. Nor does Roon mix the lists into one. Roon says the new Daily Mix has been added. But the new mix has not been blended with the old. Now I have three distinct Daily Mixes of Sweethearts of the Rodeo.

What I think the new Playlist operation should do with Daily Mixes is provide the option of making a new list or blending the new mix with the old. To facilitate this, Roon should show the additional Daily Mixes with the same name and the number of entries in each. Hotlinking to the older mixes to actually list the tracks would vastly improve the Daily Mix and playlist feature.

Thanks.

If I save a Daily Mix, I always rename to add the date, so, I think Roon should append the date when you save the Daily Mix.

1 Like