MM- Roon Arc Unable to Access Roon Core

• On my iPhone but no connectivity via the internet. Perfect functionality via WiFi at home.
  • On my laptop, Roon Arc is unable to access my Roon Core (Nucleus). I am directed to troubleshooting. See attached image.

Thank you…

Michael, sorry to hear about your issues with ARC. So we in the community can provide better support for you, I am going to ask you to provide some additional information below and re-assign this to the Support->Port Forwarding category:

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. How is your Roon Core connected to the internet?
1 Like

Did you read the troubleshooting info? (Hint: it looks like uPnp isn’t activated in your router. This is explained in the info.)

1 Like

Thank you both…a complex zone audio system so I’m reliant on my IT man. Hopefully he will advise in the morning. Good Sunday!

Hi @michael_maharam,

Thank you for your patience while we’ve diligently worked to reach every request for support with port forwarding. Have you been able to configure port forwarding in the meantime?

While I’ve edited out the screenshot for privacy reasons, the diagnostics you’d initially provided in your post suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for your router.
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration.
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thank you Connor…I seem to have succeeded in achieving connectivity dealing my IT tech’s counsel that UPnP presents some security exposure.

A question. Is it possible to download my entire library (25k tracks) locally into Roon Arc on my iPhone (512 gb), and if so, how is this done. I cannot find a means of downloading a single track on the Arc app. Many thanks for your guidance.

Michael

m maharam

Typo corrected:

Thank you Connor…I seem to have succeeded in achieving connectivity despite my IT tech’s counsel that UPnP presents some security exposure.

A question. Is it possible to download my entire library (25k tracks) locally into Roon Arc on my iPhone (512 gb), and if so, how is this done. I cannot find a means of downloading a single track on the Arc app. Many thanks for your guidance.

Michael

m maharam

@michael_maharam, I edited your posts to remove your mobile number to avoid issues with unwanted calls and texts.

Thank you very much, and thanks for helping me to better understand the download functions in Arc.

Hi @michael_maharam,

I’m glad to hear you’re up and running! Please let us know if you encounter any issues moving forward.

UPnP will not present a security risk in the context in which it’s used in ARC, provided you’re not demilitarizing an entire router or placing devices in front of your router’s security. Please see this post for additional context and discussion: Security with Roon ARC / Roon 2.0 - #24

As for your question, it’s absolutely possible to download your local library to your phone, depending on the local storage available on the phone and the size of your Roon database (library and Roon’s machinery together). One option is to add all of your content to a playlist (an “everything”) playlist. See this thread: Roon ARC - How to download all music? - #5 by brian2

However, note that ARC doesn’t allow for downloads of Qobuz or TIDAL content. Downloading and offline playback are limited to your own local library (music you’ve purchased, imported, or downloaded). Unfortunately, we may never include TIDAL and Qobuz downloads as a feature in ARC, due to licensing restrictions with offline playback on the part of the record labels, rights organizations, and our streaming partners. It has a completely different licensing structure than streaming.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.