Moderation in MQA Threads

I have been editing Wikipedia articles for several years. One of the principles Wikipedia editors have adopted in order to facilitate productive discussion is what they refer to as “Assumption of Good Faith”. In my experience this principle has proven to be a very effective way for those with diverse opinions, perspectives, biases, and experience to communicate productively. In short, Assumption of Good Faith means you do not ascribe to another ulterior motives or malicious intent. You assume the other person is operating in good faith. That assumption remains in force even when that person airs opinion or views that you may find to be incorrect or even abhorrent. You only withdraw the assumption of good faith after evidence proves otherwise and that evidence is strong and corroborated.

I don’t think it is productive to ascribe to Roon or the Roon Forum moderators any sort of malicious or devious or ill intent. That is, I don’t think it is productive to say they are “protecting Tidal from MQA criticism”. If they are then they are doing a really ■■■■■■ job because you can find all sorts of MQA criticism on this forum.

It appears to me to be the case that moderators are trying to keep people on topic. There may need to be some revision or moderation of the moderation with regards MQA discussion. I think it was a poor decision to stuff everything MQA into a single topic discusstion that goes on for way too long and I am just not going to read because it’s just way too long. I also think it’s a mistake to try and eliminate all of the duplication of links. It’s ok to have a little duplication. It’s ok to stray off topic a little every now and then. I favor moderating the moderation.

4 Likes

Huh. You can’t say ■■■■■■■■ here? What, are we in 3rd grade? Sheesh.

2 Likes

Yeah just reporting that the hot topics at two other forums i frequent.

I can’t see any truth in the protecting mqa one.