Mojo 2 and reviewer honesty

:rofl::joy::kissing_heart:

Likewise I’ll confirm my balls only rattle in controlled situations :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wrap my balls in cotton wool to stop them rattling… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I stroke mine to see what colour they go.

3 Likes

I’m a Chord fan. I still use and adore my original Hugo.

But this Mojo 2 looks like an uninspiring upgrade over Mojo 1.

3 Likes

Yes I’m happy with the old one and poly.

2 Likes

Have to bear in mind DSP is huge in the pantheons of tailored sound, I think it’s fantastic sounding.

Chord fan as well, love my mojo and qutest. Not going to upgrade to the Mojo 2 though.

Mojo 2 is still a great piece of kit for someone to be able to experience some Rob Watts goodness.

Only thing that I find strange about the 2 is no line level feature. I used my mojo for ages as a desktop dac until I saved up for a few years to get a qutest, and having line level was fantastic. I could not be bothered trying to sort volume levels between devices.

That would definitely rattle my balls.

3 Likes

Giving people the ability to make their PM1s sound like koss

1 Like

The new USB C implementation is one of the laziest I’ve seen.

The fact that they still use micro USB is beyond me. It’s 2022 ffs.

Will stick with my original Mojo since the 2 does not “rattle my balls” :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hugo 2 was a major upgrade over Hugo.

TT2 was a major upgrade over TT.

Mojo 2 is just…Mehh.

4 Likes

Fully agree Martin.

Not like they had no time during all the lockdowns to come up with something better. Feels like someone only decided to make a version 2 three weeks ago and this was the result.

I was genuinely excited when I read the news a new one was coming out. If they would have chucked the antique USB connectors I would have bought me a new one.

1 Like

I suspect one of the issues is that low power FPGAs haven’t really come that far in the years since Mojo 1. Chord need an upgrade in upstream tech that’s not in their control. Might be wrong but…

1 Like

Ditto. I think the Mojo/Poly makes a superb Roon endpoint. I just love it listening to music with it in bed before I go to sleep at night with my Beyerdynamic T1’s.

1 Like

Maybe the semiconductor shortage has been an issue for Chord?

Compatibility with the Poly is a pretty good reason.

Point taken.

Refresh the Polly then and move to USB C like the rest of the world has done :slight_smile: At some point they’ll have to do this.

Just my 2 pence.

This. Not sure why they chose not to upgrade as a pair. Still keep them separate devices as the mojo is a reachable device for many and is fantastic, but upgrade both pieces of hardware.

As a mojo/poly owner and user I would not have been disappointed to see that if I wished to upgrade I would have to upgrade both pieces of kit. That is the nature of upgrading hardware.

For my use case there is a clear ‘no need to upgrade’.

To those who have never experienced a chord product, snap up one of those cheap original mojo flooding eBay.

4 Likes

(I haven’t read the whole thread so forgive me if I have missed something pertinent)

Perhaps reviewers didn’t mention the rattle in reviews because they don’t know about the rattle. I was oblivious to the rattle till I read this thread, and sure if you give the Mojo 2 a shake it does rattle. But why you would want to give Mojo 2 a shake is beyond my comprehension I’m afraid.

£200ish for a Mojo? BARGAIN!

3 Likes

Absolutely Martin.

2 Likes