Mojo 2 Connection Issues

This suggests that it is the usb port or cord, it’s easy enough to try another cord and eliminates one possible problem. If the device isn’t showing in Settings/audio then there’s a problem with the docking station or cord as Roon can’t detect the device.
Plug your Mojo directly into your Core, if it’s consistently detected you know the cable Mojo are fine and there’s a compatibility issue with the docking station.

I have just purchased a Mojo2 and am having similar problems when connected to a Microsoft Surface. I have been using the Mojo2 connected to my phone, a tablet and a DAP without any problems. I have been running Roon on the Microsoft Surface for several years without any problems. But since connecting the Mojo2 to my Microsoft Surface and running Roon, the audio keeps stopping, I have tried it connected to the docking station and directly to the Surface but I get the same problem regardless. When the audio stops, Roon seems to think it is still playing the track and the Mojo2 still has its lights on as if it is receiving audio, Sometimes I get a message in Roon saying “audio tracks are slow to load” and “there might be a problem with internet connection”. However if I transfer the audio to a different Roon end point it immediately starts playing without any problem. Also if I select another track and start again it will usually start playing again for a while. When the problem occurs I notice that Mojo2 will temporarily disappear from the available devices in Roon:Settings:Audio. I also sometimes get a message in Roon saying “audio device failed to initialize”. I will continue to investigate.

You know the funny thing about it, this morning when I went on the Roon app and went to Setting then to Audio, all of the page was as it was before. This time it showed Chord Azios (?) and I selected device isn’t showing. Then my Mojo 2 appeared and I selected it. Now, it is running like it should. I will update you on how the day goes.
When I checked with Chord, they told me they had not heard of any issues with the Surface docking station.
Good Luck with your issue, as I know, it is a REAL problem.

You haven’t mentioned wether or not you have loaded the Chord driver for windows? See page 4 & 5 of the operating instructions.
If you haven’t download from here & install:-

The driver has certainly made my Dave/Mscaler more stable with Roon (My core is Win11)…

I just downloaded the Chord driver. My question when I go into Settings, Audio, now I have chosen Mojo 2, WASAPJ.
Should I choose Asio Chord 1.05, Asio instead of the Mojo 2?

As the drivers are both provided by Chord for Mojo both will work, you could try both a see which you prefer. There is plenty of information regarding drivers in the Roon online help.

After more investigation, the problem isn’t only with Roon. I tried running Spotify on my Surface and the audio stops after a while. Spotify thinks it is still playing the track but there is no audio coming from the Mojo2. Both with Roon and Spotify, sometimes Mojo2 is still available to Windows, but no audio is coming out. At other times the Mojo2 completely disconnects from Windows, i.e., it is not available in Roon and does not appear anymore in Windows Device Manager. Another strange thing, when I was first getting the problem I noticed each time it happened, an external hard drive I has connected via USB to the Surface Dock, would click and spin as if it was being accessed. I ejected the hard drive, which was the only device showing as connected, and disconnected it. Now in Roon I see both the Chord ASIO and Chord WASAPI as devices, Previously I only saw Chord ASIO. I seem to get the same problems regardless of whether I use ASIO or WASAPI. I found this link which shows others have had similar problems with Mojo and Windows laptops.

Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. | Page 71 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

As this doesn’t seem to be a Roon problem I am going to follow it up with Chord. If I find out anything I’ll update this thread.

1 Like