Mojo 2 Connection Issues

Now, when I plug my Mojo 2 into my Surface docking station, whenever I adjust the volume on the Mojo 2, I receive a message that Roon has lost connection to the device. Then it takes several tries to get Roon to identify the Mojo 2, and sometimes it doesn’t play at all. This problem started when Comcast changed my modem to the Gateway Modem/Router. I wonder if I have a problem with my Mojo 2, which is only six months old, my Surface docking station, or the Roon software.
Thanks for your assistance!

I’m not familiar with the docking station but presumably it’s to charge your Mojo?
What happens when you charge via the normal lead/wall wart?

If not for charging purposes what do you connect to the docking station for?

Sorry lot’s of questions but we need to establish usage in an attempt to help, hopefully…

USB connection to Roon. I connect mine to a RPi4 with no issues.

1 Like

The docking station is what I put my Surface in, so then I can view it on a 27" monitor. I plug the Mojo 2 into the USB port on the docking station. I charge my Mojo 2 on a separate charging unit.
Do I need to delete the Mojo 2 and then add it again? Like rebooting it.

I plug my Mojo 2 into the docking station, then I add my Meze Lirac headphones, and play my music with the lyrics on my monitor.

The docking station is put out by Microsoft.

I thinking there’s nothing to lose by rebooting the whole setup and seeing what happens.
My guess (& it is just a guess) is there’s possibly and interworking/compatibility issue between the Mojo & docking station.

You could try Chord Support, who generally respond relatively quickly (compared to Roon), check with them, are they aware of any problems of this kind?

Chord Support, Submit a question

I agree with @PixelPopper, try a reboot. If that does not work, do you have an available USB port on the Surface for your Mojo 2 that you can use (or at least use to test) to determine if the docking station USB port may be the issue?

No, not that I know of. I just loaded my Mojo 2 through the Roon app.

No, I just loaded my Mojo 2 on the Roon app. Should I add that driver?

How do I check to see if I have a issue with the USB port on the docking station?

If you have an open USB port on the Surface use that port for the Mojo 2, and I recommend keeping the Surface out of the docking station during this test. If the Mojo 2 works correctly with Roon in this configuration, then you have an indication that something is not working properly with the docking station or its USB port.

When you say reboot, does that mean I should delete the Mojo 2 and then reload it? How do I delete the Mojo 2?
I think you are right, if that doesn’t work, I should contact Chord to see if they know of any issues. It has been working fine for six months.
Thanks for your assistance!

Yesterday I cleaned the USB ports and the Mojo 2 was working for me making different adjustments. Then this morning, Roon doesn’t recognize the Mojo 2 as a device option.

I send you bad information because I didn’t have the right connection on my Mojo 2. It is now working. SORRY

It didn’t work long. Roon kept losing the connection to the Mojo 2. Please let me know the right way to delete it and to reload it. Thanks!

Hi again,

Before you go any further (I don’t have a Mojo so can’t check locally). Is anything else connected to your docking station i.e. your computer?

I have briefly read through the manual and cannot see any outputs other than Headphone (Audio). I assume you have better information so:-

First, Reboot - switch your devices off. Disconnect cables & then reconnect them. Switch your devices on again in the following order:- Docking Station; Monitor (Computer?) & finally the Mojo. Does the problem still happen?

Next (If needed) try replacing the lead from Mojo to Docking Station.

Next (If needed) Check & Update the drivers for your Docking Station & Mojo if unsure use the link in my previous post to contact Chord support.

(@Jim_F - have you any other ideas?)

1 Like

I checked with Chord and they know of no problem with the Surface docking station. When I checked under Settings, then Audio, I couldn’t see where my Mojo 2 was listed. How do I add the Mojo 2 for sure. It doesn’t see my Mojo 2.
Thanks for your help!

Is your Mojo 2 visible in Windows on the Surface as an audio output device? We are trying to isolate your issue to a possible bad cable or bad USB port and I am not clear if these have been eliminated yet.

I don’t think it is the USB port or the cord. The reason I say that is when I plug the Mojo 2 into the USB port, I get the sound you get when it is placed into the docking station. But what doesn’t happen every time is the Mojo 2 option for a device. I have to try it a few times to make it work.
I have tried to go to my Roon settings, to the Audio, and try to find the options to add a DAC. Problem is that option isn’t there like it shows on the Roon help for adding a DAC.
The first time I added the Mojo 2, there was no problem at all.
Thanks again for your assistance!
Don