Mojo 2 works like crap with ARC (software update?)

I saw a Mojo 2 review about getting random white noise and saying it was specific to the cable. I bought the MOJO 2 anyway and got the same problem, or what I thought was the same problem. I have done many hours of testing and troubleshooting. I have concluded that the mojo and arc (on Android) together have a problem. I get a high-pitched whine in the system when the music is paused. The ARC app fails and needs to be restarted several times a day. I have tried many Android devices (TCL, Samsung, google) with the same results. With Windows or Ropieee, it seems to work just fine with Roon. I think I had the same issue with an iPad and ARC, but I am unsure. I am surprised that I did not find this issue anywhere, and it makes me think of returning the MOJO2, but it feels like a software issue to me.

I don’t experience this problem with Roon ARC, Mojo2, Apple CCK, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.

EDIT: I can upsample to 768 or DSD 256 but I don’t. Why would I?

1 Like

Many have experienced issues with ARC which they have been unable to resolve. Some have started using the free plexamp (myself included) and everything has worked flawlessly.

It might be worth loading plex server/plexamp to prove your mojo (which is probably ok).

1 Like

You won’t get bitperfect with PlexAmp on Android in any shape or form. So whilst it might work with the Mojo it will all be resampled to 48/24 by PlexAmp.

Hi @Tebby_Wafer

I’m a Mojo2 owner. Like @Jim_F I haven’t experienced what you describe.

As per @PixelPopper are you able to try playing music from a different source. Like a naitive app for a streaming service.

Are you powering/charging your Mojo2 at the same time using it?

1 Like

I have tried it charging and not charging. Tidal and Qobuz work fine when used directly.

Then I feel the answer is that Arc night be the issue here.

IIRC I had a similar issue with Android Arc and my AQ Cobalt DAC.

I notice you’re not sure if this issue occured with iOS devices. Could you try again using Arcon a iPad/iPhone.

Process of elimination.

I think it’s Android/Arc related

could not test the iPad again. I think I found the general problem. Upsampling in roon. I had set this to max 2x for my Pegasus DAC. I got a new mojo and had all of the same issues with all of the same devices. I noticed that one device would upsample to 768 kHz but a different device would only upsample to 705 kHz. Turning off upsampling or limiting it to 384 kHz seems to solve most of the issues and make the MOJO 2 usable. it is still a software issue Roon on Windows does not have any issues with upsampling. Thanks to all for the help.